16 month old won't drink whole milk!

My niece is still exclusively breastfed and will not drink any whole milk. They have tried everything! She does eat some table food but not a big variety! is she getting the nutrients she needs from breastmilk at this age? She is really slim for her age and I just figure if she would drink whole milk she might get some meat on her! Any suggestions?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:58 PM on Jan. 29, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My son didn't like whole milk at first but he wasn't breastfed maybe they could do half breastmilk half whole. I was told to do half and half then they could decrease the breastmilk and have more whole milk. Also, there will most likely be constipation with whole milk. My son is 13mths now and is on whole milk.
    JadenMommy023

Answer by JadenMommy023 at 2:03 PM on Jan. 29, 2009

• My son never drank whole milk and still doesn't. Hes almost 3 and does not like it at all. He gets calcium from lots of other things and he eats a lot of other dairy...he just doesn't like milk. Breastmilk is fine for now. I don't think milk is all that necessary.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 3:08 PM on Jan. 29, 2009