Have you taken a DNA test you ordered online or in a store? How accurate are they?

I want to get a DNA test to prove to my hubby's family that he's the father of my baby once she's born. She was conceived after I came back from a trip to visit family and friends and everyone says the timing is too close and they don't believe me, which is fine, I know she's his, but I don't want to get a cheap dna test and be one of the 3 ppl it's wrong on. Can we get the real ones without going through child support, because we're still together and he's still going to be a constant in her life. It's just for his idiot family.

katimae

Asked by katimae at 1:58 PM on Jan. 29, 2009 in Relationships

• Yes, you can get "real" DNA tests without a court involved. It can be done through various agencies that are "freelance". Search online in your area. Can be a blood draw or a simple swab method. They can be expensive (i think around $500?). And is hubby correcting his family on their assumptions? Its really not thier business anyway. I hope when it comes back positive you make them apologize and kiss some ass!
    ozarkgirl3

Answer by ozarkgirl3 at 3:42 PM on Jan. 29, 2009

• The "Good" Ones Are Expensive...But They Are Accurate, You Have To Go To A Clinic Or Dr Office To Have The Swab Done Or Blood Drawn.

Try:
    http://www.dnacenter.com/media/ddc-broadcasts-maury.html
    Kari_Noelle

Answer by Kari_Noelle at 4:20 PM on Jan. 29, 2009