What do you care about?

For those who haven't realized, the election was last year, and most people are over it, and have moved on to talking about more important things, like the bailout, and GITMO, and Frankenpelosi spouting off about improving education by decreasing birthrates. Yet, we are constantly told, when we discuss these things, that we are just sore losers whining about Obama? Even when Obama isn't mentioned? So if we aren't supposed to mention anything going on in congress or the world, what IS important?

NotPanicking

Asked by NotPanicking at 1:59 PM on Jan. 29, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I just ignore the people who say that. I think for many this was their first "rodeo" and maybe they werent into current events and politics before the election so there is some notion that its all related to the election itself when its not. Over time I am sure most who are younger and maybe just experienced their first election will realize were talking about whats important to us, or they will realize later when these things start having an affect on their livelihood and lifestyle. I will continue to care about Politics regardless of whose the president.

Answer by gemgem at 2:03 PM on Jan. 29, 2009

• Well said.
    waldorfmom

Answer by waldorfmom at 2:01 PM on Jan. 29, 2009

• pass teh violin
    Anonymous

• clappingWell said!

tomsbrandi

Answer by tomsbrandi at 2:04 PM on Jan. 29, 2009

•  So if we aren't supposed to mention anything going on in congress or the world, what IS important?

American Idol. Why doesn't Richard Alpert age? Jillian - totally important. Where all my Sharpies go - complete mystery. When is the next Woot-off? How do we handle our first parent-teacher conference of first grade? Should I try to grow my hair out or keep it short? Why did ABC cancel Pushing Daisies?

Wimsey

Answer by Wimsey at 2:04 PM on Jan. 29, 2009

• Pass the violin because you still can't move past the election? The grown ups are talking now sweetie, go back to Gossip Girl.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 2:05 PM on Jan. 29, 2009

• Frankenpelosi

What is that - term of endearment?
    Wimsey

Answer by Wimsey at 2:05 PM on Jan. 29, 2009

• But you keep posting these threads to make yourself feel better
    Anonymous

• nice to tell me which show you enjoy watching "sweetie" assume much?
    Yes please pass the violin to go with your continous whine.
    Anonymous

• Wimsey, isn't it wonderful they have other areas just for those questions, and none of them are called Politics and Current Events? And get the Wootalyzer - it will tell you when the Woot Off happens.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 2:07 PM on Jan. 29, 2009