I need some ideas for a mom / son date night, that we will have fun and bond while my daughter and husband go to a school dance?Thanks

mjca4

Asked by mjca4 at 2:01 PM on Jan. 29, 2009 in Tweens (9-12)

• I'm not crazy about the fact that my son likes video games. He bought all his systems with money that he got from other relatives. I've gotten more lenient about it since he has taught me how to play one of the games. I can see how it is so addictive. So that's my suggestion. Teach him a card game like gin rummy, or have him teach you one of hs games.

Another thing you could do is cook dinner together. Your son can come up with the menu.
    AnnHah

Answer by AnnHah at 2:29 PM on Jan. 29, 2009

• My gs and I will pick up our favorite kind of snacks and have a movie night...

gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 4:34 PM on Jan. 29, 2009

• If you are thinking of going out how about a "nicer"restaurant like if you usually do Denny's go to Applebees or something he will feel more 'grown up' and bowling is inexpensive and fun.
    goaliemom93

Answer by goaliemom93 at 7:29 PM on Jan. 29, 2009

• How old is he? If he is young (9) you could take him to a museum or bring his toy dinos or cars to the park.
    TXdanielly

Answer by TXdanielly at 8:57 PM on Jan. 29, 2009

• well if you are athletic enough how about finding a rock climbing wall and race him to the top. YOu are fastening in a harness and safe. I think it would be fun
    mamak57

Answer by mamak57 at 10:17 PM on Jan. 29, 2009

• I usally take him to the movies and out to eat. I let him pick everything but I get to veto the movie if I think it's not something he should see. Or minigolf.
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 10:59 PM on Jan. 29, 2009

• I have a great time with my son at the batting cages. If you can't go there then board games some soda and snacks, and lot of laughs are always fun.
    connietrrll

Answer by connietrrll at 4:17 AM on Jan. 30, 2009