Maybe that's the reason!

that question about who raised you, got me thinking. between the ages of 6 & 14 i never really saw my parents. my sister who is four years older than me was the one who took care of my brother and me. my sister never got to have any fun or go out with her friends because she was always watching us. maybe that's the reason my parents are always watching her kids. they are feeling guilty about robbing her of her teenager years (even though she still drank, smoke pot, and had sex with six guys in our trailer park before she was 16!)
what do you think? you think that could be feeling guilty?

noel1978

Asked by noel1978 at 12:47 PM on May. 29, 2012 in Relationships

• I helped raise my siblings, but I think we're all pretty close to normal. Biggest thing any of us have done to be ashamed of is meet a man online and marry him five months later. (And we've now been married 3 1/2 years.) My mom wishes she had been able to be at home more, but it just wasn't feasible then. That said, maybe your parents DO feel guilty. Often times 'rents try to do with their grandchildren what they couldn't with their own...
    mrsjon

Answer by mrsjon at 1:16 PM on May. 29, 2012

• Now that you got me thinking too, my second-to-oldest sister raised me. She always picked on me, though. She is 3 years older than me. I am 30. She was emotionally abusive from the time I was young. My sister was a hootchie, too. lol
    onelove1982

Answer by onelove1982 at 12:52 PM on May. 29, 2012

• @ onelove: my sister hated my brother (two years younger than me) since he was born. and then she turned on me after i hooked with with my guy. come nov we've been together 12 years.
    (but i really think it's cuz she's jealous, she seems to only hook up with guys who think women are punching bags.)
    noel1978

Comment by noel1978 (original poster) at 9:17 AM on May. 30, 2012