What made you chose to vaccinate or not vaccinate?

I did extensive research and decided. I am happy with the choice I made.

Baby4us09

Asked by Baby4us09 at 1:07 PM on May. 29, 2012 in Parenting Debate

• I didn't want my son to suffer with,or die from,a disease that could be prevented

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 1:13 PM on May. 29, 2012

• I felt that by being vaccinated, my children wouldn't be as susceptible to certain diseases. In my opinion, mothers who do not vaccinate are only putting their children at risk.
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 1:15 PM on May. 29, 2012

• I researched pros and cons and arrived at the conclusion that the pros of vaccinating far outweigh the slight risks.

Sharon
    momto2boys973

Answer by momto2boys973 at 1:18 PM on May. 29, 2012

• I or got to add that for me personally, all those sources who claimed to be "educating" me on the evils of vaccines seemed like pseudo-scientific conspiracy theories with no basis in reality. I understand that others may see it differently and I 100% respect if a parent makes a different choice, but I just wasn't convinced by it.

Sharon
    momto2boys973

Answer by momto2boys973 at 1:22 PM on May. 29, 2012

• For health reasons
    mommys2cupcakes

Answer by mommys2cupcakes at 1:28 PM on May. 29, 2012

• I wasn't vaccinated as a child and had measles, mumps, rubella, etc. My sister is nearly deaf in one ear due to complications from the measles. I decided that I would prefer my children to be vaccinated to save them the misery and the complications.
    other_mother

Answer by other_mother at 1:29 PM on May. 29, 2012

• I did my research, spoke to my pediatrician (who wouldn't have been my pediatrician if I didn't trust her) and decided that the benefits of vaccinating far outweighed those of not vaccinating.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 1:46 PM on May. 29, 2012

• Researched on both pro and con sites, talked with our doc, and made the decision that fits OUR family. That is all I ask anyone to do.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 2:21 PM on May. 29, 2012

• Because I couldn't imagine willingly exposing my children to preventable diseases.
    3libras

Answer by 3libras at 2:37 PM on May. 29, 2012

• I did fully with y oldest 2 and stopped after my youngest one had a seizure. He had autism and adhd my other 2 don't.
    Anonymous