What should I do with an eight month old who constantly throws fits?

He cries at everything. He throws fits when I feed, change, or clothe him. I'm at my wits end. Please help!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:08 PM on Jan. 29, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• aslong as i know my son is fine, and not in any pain, i fight him to get his clothes on and change his diaper, he is a good eater but some times he screams and throws fits when im trying to clean and dont pick him up, so i let him cry. and he gets over it, stops crying and goes and plays, when i asnwered his every little cry he knew it worked on me and wouldnt do any thing but sit in my lap. just fight to get his diaper and clothes on and he'll eat hen he's hungry enough.
    Anonymous

• Honestly I think I'd bring it up to my pedi, to rule out things like hearing loss, something wrong with the brain, etc, this isn't to scare you but if he seems to be confused as to why you're doing what you're doing, or uncomfortable or in pain it might be worth checking out, if not he just may be going through a fussy stage, my niece went through something similiar around 1 1/2, nothing pleased her but she stopped after a month or so.
    Shaynamills

Answer by Shaynamills at 4:07 PM on Jan. 29, 2009

• I don't think he has hearing problems. He communicates very well. He'll look at me when I talk to him and responds when someone talks to him.
    LaurenKaye29

Answer by LaurenKaye29 at 6:44 PM on Jan. 29, 2009