Do your kids drink soda daily?

how old were they when you let them drink soda?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:10 PM on Jan. 29, 2009 in Just for Fun

• NO. Um like 5. Only when we eat out.
    Ann7227

Answer by Ann7227 at 2:13 PM on Jan. 29, 2009

• It's a rare treat for my kids. I do let them have it once in a while. With my oldest, I think he was probably 2 or 3, with my youngest he was probably between 1 and 2.

riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 2:14 PM on Jan. 29, 2009

• my 3 yr old get one if she's good but i only have diet caffine free soda in my house
    emtmommyamanda

Answer by emtmommyamanda at 2:15 PM on Jan. 29, 2009

• My son was probably a year old when he had his first taste of Pepsi...and we only give him a sip or two every once in a while.
    Pollymom

Answer by Pollymom at 2:16 PM on Jan. 29, 2009

• no soda at all till my son was like 6 and even then it was a treat and he only got it when we eat out for dinner or lunch or something.
    Mommy2B04

Answer by Mommy2B04 at 2:16 PM on Jan. 29, 2009

• I don't remember exactly how old my 8 year old was when I started letting him have soda but he only can have one every so often. He's only allowed Sprite or Root Beer. Usually if his behavior has been good I'll let him have one I just make sure he brushes good. I told my 3 year old if you drink soda sugar bugs attack and eat your teeth! I think I turned him off wanting soda for awhile.
    Anonymous

• My son is too young for it but my goal is to not let him even taste it until he's at least 5. He will NOT be drinking it everyday if he decides he likes it. I personally hate any kind of soda or sweet or carbonated drinks period so we don't keep the stuff in the house anyway.
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 2:20 PM on Jan. 29, 2009

• They never get it... Not when we go out, not at home, only if the school has given it...
    HottMamaRossx2

Answer by HottMamaRossx2 at 2:23 PM on Jan. 29, 2009

• My kids very rarely get soda. My 2 year old will occassionally sneak a sip of our soda if we have one, but we never have anything but diet caffeine free in the house. I still don't like her to have even that. I think it's OK as something special once in a while, but I don't want to encourage a soda habit at all. I try to limit myself on soda too.
    Silvertears1275

Answer by Silvertears1275 at 2:30 PM on Jan. 29, 2009

• My 4 your old has just know been allowed to have soda. And that is only on special occasions like at a birthday party or something. I also have a 20 month old who is not allowed to have soda. I would prefer not to have my kids drink it at all but it is every were we go so after a while it becomes hard to say no but I will still not allow them to have it often. I do not keep it in my house.

joleensboys

Answer by joleensboys at 2:42 PM on Jan. 29, 2009