• In the Spotlight:

When did the Constitution change?

I want to know something. For the past 7 years I have heard a whole lot of people complaining about Bush. They didn't like his policies, etc. And I never really got that upset about it, even though I liked many of his policies, because the fact that we have a say in our government is one of the things that makes this country great.

But now, we've had another election, and evidently Republicans are supposed to sit quietly by and not say a word? So why are our rights different than the Democrats for the last seven years? We should not voice our fears and opinions this time. . . WHY?

lovinangels

Asked by lovinangels at 2:12 PM on Jan. 29, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• both sides are giving the other what they have gotten the past 8 years. dems are telling repubs to "get over it" b/c thats what they were told when they complained about Bush. and repubs are whining & complaining b/c thats what they had to deal with from the dems complaining about Bush.

its a vicious cycle & its nothing new. all thats changed is that there are several 24/7 news stations that feed off of it.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 2:16 PM on Jan. 29, 2009

• They are not sitting by quietly are you kidding! They are all screaming and crying about this stimulus thing!

Where have you been?
    Anonymous

• quietly? please... and as a democrat even though I was disgusted with the fact that the majority of usa citizens did not vote for bush but for gore, I still gave bush a chance I did not critize him unti well into his first term. however republicans were critizing Obama before he even took office. BIG difference
    Anonymous

• I know that. And for some reason they are being told to stop. On Cafemom and in the government itself. . .
    It's our right to question the powers that be!
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 2:16 PM on Jan. 29, 2009

• It is because there is a double standard in place. One set of rules applies to the Republicans. Another set applies to the Democrats. Ever notice that no Democrat ever resigns because of ethical violations, but the second a Republican comes under scrutiny, he's toast? Two sets of rules, pure and simple.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 2:17 PM on Jan. 29, 2009

• You can criticize all you want - you can yell and scream and fight and moan and faint..............

I'm still smiling.

My party won, my pick won, and I am happy.

It's amazing that people are still so very, very bitter.
    Wimsey

Answer by Wimsey at 2:19 PM on Jan. 29, 2009

• lovin we aren't and do not have to sit silent.Sure some would love us to but as the saying goes...people in hell want ice water..

Not saying you are,but do not let yourself be intimidated by those you speak of.
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 2:20 PM on Jan. 29, 2009

• Wimsey, I'm not bitter about you winning.

Did you see the question earlier about "thanking all the people that voted for Bush?" I just want to know why each side thinks the other should be quiet. . . when THEIR President is in office. . .
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 2:21 PM on Jan. 29, 2009

• In answer to the title of your post, When Did The Constitution Change? It didn't CHANGE. They flushed the damn thing down the toilet. The United States isn't using that OLD thing anymore.
    Anonymous

• You can complain, oh wait, you have been. But what does that have to do with the constitution?
    Fiveofakind2

Answer by Fiveofakind2 at 2:26 PM on Jan. 29, 2009