has your child ever?

had there child tell there teacher that you spank them??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:13 PM on Jan. 29, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Why yup... I tell her all the time...
    HottMamaRossx2

Answer by HottMamaRossx2 at 2:17 PM on Jan. 29, 2009

• I wouldn't doubt it, she tells them about my speeding ticket from 2 years ago. Actually, I got a form to fill out about her or her homelife and it asked what ways she was disciplined. I didn't lie.
    rjsudler

Answer by rjsudler at 3:15 PM on Jan. 29, 2009

• He probably has because he isn't afraid to mention it in the store, on the train, in front of company, etc. LOL. He will talk about it openly. I named my belt Bruce and he'll say in a minute that he doesn't want to see Bruce. Thankfully I don't need to spank him that much.
    NJMom2Tyler

Answer by NJMom2Tyler at 3:15 PM on Jan. 29, 2009

• im not sure but I wouldn't be surprised. if he did i wouldn't care either
    kyheavensmom

Answer by kyheavensmom at 4:17 PM on Jan. 29, 2009

• my kids are home schooled but my daughter tells everything that she knows
    BOOGIETHEBOOG

Answer by BOOGIETHEBOOG at 5:44 PM on Jan. 29, 2009

• Believe it or not, my 6yr. isn't vocal about things that happen here. But I had teachers ask me to when my 11yr. was in Kindergarden!! LoL!! I'm a firm believer 'Spare the Rod, spoil the child'...
    Sweet_Peach

Answer by Sweet_Peach at 6:41 PM on Jan. 29, 2009

• My son is two and we don't spank him yet cause he wouldn't understand it. When he gets older it might be an appropriate form of discipline. Right now he either gets a little smack on the top of his hand, or he has to sit down until I tell him it's ok to get up. Then we talk about what he did wrong, and how to do better next time. It is really effective, though I was a little dubious at first.

My bf got whipped w/a belt when he was young. His parents also made them kneel in a corner for time out, or stand holding their arms out. I think those punishments are too harsh for children.
    Guaranteed

Answer by Guaranteed at 8:53 PM on Jan. 29, 2009

• My kids are very very rarely spanked (I don't think my 7 old son has EVER been spanked), so no.

But they'll tell lots of other "interesting" things. Sometimes what they say doesn't give an accurate impression, because kids have a different perspective on things than adults, or because they are very literal. For example, they may say "We couldn't buy xxxx, because Mom doesn't have any money", giving the impression that we are broke, when the real story is that I have plenty in the bank but no cash in my purse.

Teachers are used to it. They hear all kinds of stuff. They know that "Mom spanks me" doesn't necessarily mean "Mom spanks me all the time, and my butt is so red that you really should call CPS."
    cam.i.am

Answer by cam.i.am at 4:17 PM on Jan. 30, 2009

• LOL,you wouldn't believe the stories told on parents! Sometimes we find out toooooooooo much info. We don't believe it all, but, boy those tales are hilarious.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:36 AM on Jan. 31, 2009

• yes i have. and it didnt bother me at all. i am actually glad he feels comfortable talking to the adults in his life.
    jenkent

Answer by jenkent at 2:12 PM on Feb. 2, 2009