Has Anyone done the Fitness Program P90X by Beachbody?

And if you have what were your results or thoughts on it?

UAFwife

Asked by UAFwife at 2:17 PM on Jan. 29, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• It's awesome and it is NOT for beginners, you pretty much already need to be fit to do it. If you are a beginner, you can probably do some of it until you build up enough strength to do all of it.
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 5:28 PM on Jan. 29, 2009

• You really need a bar to do the pull ups. It is a good program but you can invest in some equipment and get the same results. The key is CONSISTENCY:-) I do think the yoga cd that comes in the program is awesome--one of the best yoga cd's we have. My kids bought P90x. The youngest then left for the Army, my daughter goes to the gym, and I do kettlebells and use a weight vest---so we haven't used the whole program. But if you have the money--it isn't a bad investment--but I think a weight vest and some kettlebells is a better investment. I think my kids paid $150 or so for it. I ended up using our squat rack to do modified pull ups. The boys went outside to a bar they put up by our shop. A good body weight book or cd would be very similar.
    Anonymous

• my husband and a friend do it at the gym on our base.
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 1:22 PM on Jan. 30, 2009

• Ok good.. My husband and I just started doing and for not working out for 1 year and half Im doing pretty good keeping up. Thanks for the advice Anonymous..

I really like it. And Yes I do like the Yoga Cd I did it yesterday and My hamstrings are defiantely feeling it today./
    UAFwife

Answer by UAFwife at 1:03 PM on Jan. 31, 2009

• I highly recommend it! My husband works nights (and I work all day) and we have a 3 year-old. Working out after work is not possible. A co-worker and I do P90X during our lunch break using an empty office and some free weights. We're hooked! The only thing we lack is a pull-up bar but we still do the routine just with dumbells.
    Prolificista

Answer by Prolificista at 10:14 PM on Sep. 8, 2009