How do we go about getting my fiance a vasectomy??

We just had baby #3 together and #4 for me so we are DONE..... Anyway do I just like call the clinic and he see a regular DR or is there a special DR i call or how do we do this we want it done as soon as possible..... Thanks!!

scaredmommy08

Asked by scaredmommy08 at 2:18 PM on Jan. 29, 2009 in Relationships

• Call your ins, ask them what doc you can use... Thats what i did.. We are getting ours in March... They pay 100% for my hubby.... You must find the one your ins carries or its a 1000.00 to have it done.. An you have to have that the day of snip...
    HottMamaRossx2

Answer by HottMamaRossx2 at 2:20 PM on Jan. 29, 2009

• he needs to see a regular doctor who will give him a referral to a urologist.
    you may be able to just call a urologist in your area but they generally only take referrals from other doctors.
    Anonymous

• Well first you get the biggest pair of garden loper's you have, you know the ones you use to cut branches off trees...J/K...sounds like op's have it right. Call your family doctor or insurance, your OB might even be able to direct you! Good luck!
    MamaRoberts

Answer by MamaRoberts at 2:29 PM on Jan. 29, 2009

• MAMAROBERTS,,,,,your funny,LOL.. I would imagine he is the one who needs to take care of this, not you. Your not even his wife yet. You cant expect him to go get SNIPED . Just because you two have 3 kids together. IMO

But  anyways, he needs to go see his regular doctor first.

Answer by louise2 at 2:36 PM on Jan. 29, 2009

• Like any medical procedure - you just need to call the doctor's office.
    kathyartist2007

Answer by kathyartist2007 at 2:37 PM on Jan. 29, 2009

• Thank you LOUISE2 im always such a fan of your answers!! Number one I am NOT "expecting" him to get this done we made the decision together!! And two Iv been a wife and I know what it intails and its no different than the relationship im in with my SO now, and we share 3 kids a home and just because we are not married doesnt mean anything!! and three I have to time to make a phone call and see how he needs to get it done and he doesnt!!
    scaredmommy08

Answer by scaredmommy08 at 3:37 PM on Jan. 29, 2009

• " I have to time to make a phone call and see how he needs to get it done and he doesnt!! "

There is not a soul on this Earth who doesn't have time to make a phone call. He's a big boy. Tell him to call the doc and deal with it.
    Anonymous

• u guys are mean. Besides she has every right to call a doctor because she's been pregnant with three of his kids and went though labor, stretch marks, maybe ripping of her vagina, morning sickness, getting fat. Thats doing alot for ur family!!! I believe she was saying she has time to make a phone call not that she doesn't. I'd call ur health insurance place and ask for some places where to get that done.
    Anonymous