I have no clue what to get my dd for her first bday i bought her a $100 ring but she has everything what did you get your child for their first bday?

butterscotch297

Asked by butterscotch297 at 2:31 PM on Jan. 29, 2009 in Just for Fun

• We had a bunch of family members go in with us on a swing set for our little guy. He just loves it! He didn't really need anything for his birthday and his birthday is in the summer so it worked out great for us.

joleensboys

Answer by joleensboys at 2:33 PM on Jan. 29, 2009

• A piece of cake and a mylar balloon. Kids like simple. Too many toys and complex toys overwhelm them.

And if you let her wear the ring, keep an eye on it. She may get it off and swallow it. Her fingers will grow and it may cut off the circulation.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 2:34 PM on Jan. 29, 2009

• $100 ring? huh? Clothes and learning toys is what I get any kid under 13
    watersgirls

Answer by watersgirls at 2:34 PM on Jan. 29, 2009

• wow... jewelry for a kid that can't even wear it for fear of swallowing it... I hope you put that away for her in the future...

First birthdays in our house are not big deals... sorry but the kid can't even remember it. We did a small cake, and maybe 2 toys per kid. no big party because I sure as heck wasn't gonna waste money just so the people I invite can have a good time while my kid doesn't even know what's going on nor remember the event.
    Anonymous

• nothing. family took care of everything.
    ferdo0204

Answer by ferdo0204 at 2:36 PM on Jan. 29, 2009

• I want your family ferdo0204
    watersgirls

Answer by watersgirls at 2:38 PM on Jan. 29, 2009

• Ist birthdays for us are a big deal. We usually have a small dinner with birthday cake and invite mostly family. They give the kids clothes and stuff they need like sippy cups and little plates or if they are still wearing diapers they give diapers. Mostly we just like having our family get together to honor the birthday child. I rather my kid get something they need then a toy they're not going to play with in a couple of days!
    Anonymous

• My twins each got one small (under $20) toy and a cupcake.
    TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 2:40 PM on Jan. 29, 2009

• Um. . . bowl,plate,cup, spoon fork set, board books, a v-tech 3 in 1 thingie. . .a home made cake YUMMY
    chrissmom734

Answer by chrissmom734 at 2:40 PM on Jan. 29, 2009

• I gave both of my sons a stuffed animal and took a beautiful picture of them eating a cupcake. Years later those cute pictures mean a lot to them. They don't remember their first BDay so I didn't go all out. Any celebration is mainly for you because you're happy and it's fun..lol.
    happy2bme7

Answer by happy2bme7 at 2:42 PM on Jan. 29, 2009