What amazed you that your child could do/handle that you didn't realize yet?

My littlest one, Lily, did not start walking until she was almost 15 months old. She is little, not even 20 lbs yet. She is my last baby. And I think I have just kept her as a little baby in my mind. Not a new toddler. She went to visit the Toddler room at daycare. I thought she would be a pushover being so small. She has held her own, has easily adapted to the new classroom, teachers & kids, & has not fussed at all. She LOVES it!!! And here I thought she was still a baby. She proved me wrong! She was more than ready & is flourishing!!!

What has your little one done that amazed you???

juliemoose

Asked by juliemoose at 2:38 PM on Jan. 29, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I love that you asked this question! A lot of mom's don't want to hear how amazing other's children are. I am so amazed at my daughter's vocabulary. She is 15 mo old and had about 50-75 words. I can repeat a word to her 3 times and she will be able to say it. She puts several words together, "help me somebody." "Good morning everybody." It's amazing. I have no idea what I'm going to do when she's smarter than I am. LOL.
    MiaMJK

Answer by MiaMJK at 10:47 PM on Feb. 2, 2009

• My DD is 2 and my friend has a son 2 mo. older than mine girly. We took them to the drop off center for 2 hours. Her son is very social with having 2 older brothers and all. My DD is kinda stand offish when it comes to playing with kids ESPECIALLY other girls. We went to pick the two of them up and she was playing and talking and coloring and had NO potty accidents until we got home.
    watersgirls

Answer by watersgirls at 2:42 PM on Jan. 29, 2009

• Mastering her trike so quickly and easily. All she needed was for her legs to get long enough!
    And giving up her bedtime water bottle so easily. I'd expected screaming and crying.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 3:32 PM on Jan. 29, 2009

• I was really impressed with how easily my DD gave up her bottle at a year. No arguements, I told her it was gone and that was the end of it. I am also amazed at how sweet and loving she is to other children. Not one time has she ever hit or been mean to other kids. I am always so proud of her for that. If only I was so good. Now the child teaches the parent......lol.
    Mizzjos

Answer by Mizzjos at 11:27 PM on Jan. 29, 2009