Does anyone else?

Have their TV on like all day? I live in a 3 bedroom house with a total of 6 ppl including myself, and someone is always in the livingroom watching TV. I feel bad that it is on all day and my 13 month old daughter watches it whenever she wants. But hey what can I do? Its not my house. So just how bad should I feel? Does anyone else ALWAYS have the TV on?

tiffers32788

Asked by tiffers32788 at 2:40 PM on Jan. 29, 2009 in Just for Fun

• We always have the TV on when we are home. My son who is 4 watches it a lot. It doesn't bother me that he does, only because it is nasty cold outside. Hard to keep him entertained all day w/ out being able to go outside and play.
    Tiffany237

Answer by Tiffany237 at 2:43 PM on Jan. 29, 2009

• When my husband is home we have the tv on almost all day but my boys are so use to it that they pretty much do not even watch it. i just encourage them to do something else with me if they have been watching tv more then 30 minutes. My in laws have at least 2 tv's in in their house 24 hours a day so that is what my husband grew up with.

joleensboys

Answer by joleensboys at 2:46 PM on Jan. 29, 2009

• i have the tv on most of the day...and my DD usually just ignores it (unless its playing music). we're the only ones in the house & i need the extra sounds to keep from getting paranoid about little noises. plus my dog barks (loudly) at every little sound, but she cant hear them over the tv. i was raised this way & i turned out okay...so i wouldnt be too worried. there are FAR worse things!!!
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 2:52 PM on Jan. 29, 2009

• My tv is on all day and it doesnt bother me.
    My children dont sit and watch it except in the early mornings while watching some Playhouse Disney but even then its interrupted with running to play in bedrooms,etc.

We also read and goof around with learning stuff,etc.

Just cuz its on all day doesnt mean people are sitting there zoning in front of it.
    BonesDragonDew

Answer by BonesDragonDew at 3:44 PM on Jan. 29, 2009

• Yeah, it's on just about all day. Sometimes, we turn it off, but we're so used to the background noise.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 4:36 PM on Jan. 29, 2009

• Ok good, I dont feel as bad now. Yeah my daughter probably only watches an hours worth of tv throughout the whole day. She watches Dora and an episode of Spongebob. If anything else is on she doesnt pay attention unless someone is singing on there, then she dances lol.
    tiffers32788

Answer by tiffers32788 at 5:07 PM on Jan. 29, 2009

• Our TV is NEVER on during the day except on the weekends when my son is out of school and wants to watch cartoons or play video games. Dh and I only watch a little TV before bed at night, I never watch any daytime TV.
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 6:32 PM on Jan. 29, 2009

• Ours is on pretty much all of the time. I have noticed that when my hubby is not home, it stays off more. But it's not like I am not on the couch next to him when he is here, so I can't really complain.
    Crazy-Steph

Answer by Crazy-Steph at 10:55 PM on Jan. 29, 2009