Satanic Ritual Abuse?

The last day of school was Friday so today everyone at school was cleaning out their classrooms and offices. This was the school counselors first year at the school and at the beginning of the year he didn't have time to clean out the things from the 70's, 80's, and 90's from the previous school counselor. Well, today he was going through it and was asking my opinion on some books as to whether he should keep them or not. We came across one book that talked about Satanic Ritual Abuse. I read the book and it was just weird. The wording was weird and the pictures/words made it look like pagans/witches, etc. were raping children and preforming "pretend" surgeries to put monsters inside of children. I had to google this and found out that in the 80's and 90's there was a big epidemic were people were paranoid that this was happening. Do you remember this?

JeremysMom

Asked by JeremysMom at 7:32 PM on May. 29, 2012 in Religion & Beliefs

• I don't remember much about it being in the news or anything like that. But I do have two friends who were the victims of satanic ritual abuse. The things they saw and experience are horrific. It is absolutely sickening.
    theMOMmission

Answer by theMOMmission at 7:34 PM on May. 29, 2012

• Yes, it was discovered that the therapists were actually placing these memories inside their patients heads during deep regression therapy.

3libras

Answer by 3libras at 7:35 PM on May. 29, 2012

• I remember that bull$%!+ paranoia.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 7:36 PM on May. 29, 2012

• I remember it clearly and it was, for the most part, completely debunked
    BrawnwynII

Answer by BrawnwynII at 7:39 PM on May. 29, 2012

• I agree with Brawny.
    DJDNY

Answer by DJDNY at 7:45 PM on May. 29, 2012

• Yeah it was totally debunked and full of it.....I wouldn't keep those books around a school counselor's office anymore. Though it makes me wonder how cluttered this office was to have found it in there. Obviously not the fault of the new counselor but sheesh. You clean it out every year, why was the previous counselor holding onto that stuff even AFTER it had been debunked
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 7:51 PM on May. 29, 2012

• Krisit, no idea but I was amazed at how much stuff she had in the filing cabinets and other storage space. She kept everything!
    JeremysMom

Comment by JeremysMom (original poster) at 7:58 PM on May. 29, 2012

• I remember this but it was not true, like others have posted.
    iwicked

Answer by iwicked at 7:59 PM on May. 29, 2012

• I remember - it sent people to prison for no reason.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 8:13 PM on May. 29, 2012

• I remember it. It was all over the news and the talk show circuits. I also remember when it was proven that the "therapists" were creating these "memories".
    SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 1:14 AM on May. 30, 2012