New York City

Would you let your 17 year old DD go to NYC with 7 friends for a day trip on a bus? There would be no adults going. She is a senior in high school, has good grades, and is mature. The bus leaves at 11 on a thursday night, gets there are 6am friday, then another bus leaves at 7pm back home to get here around 2:30am.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:41 PM on Jan. 29, 2009 in Teens (13-17)

• Yes, I would because i was on your daughters position when i was that age, i wasn't happy when my mum said i couldn't go but i talked her around and it was a blast. But The decision is totally up to you

Mummytomore

Answer by Mummytomore at 2:55 PM on Jan. 29, 2009

• I would
    chefjen

Answer by chefjen at 3:01 PM on Jan. 29, 2009

• If you trust her.
    Anonymous

• shes a senior, soon she'll be out making her own decisions, might as well let her learn how.
    just get her to call & check in every night & morning.
    Anonymous

• In just a few short months, she will be able to do that on her own, without your permission. She seems level headed. If you can keep in touch with her, let her go but have her check in when she gets there, when she leaves. Have her friends numbers on you and make sure they have yours on them - just in case. I would also make sure she has back up money. I wouldn't want my daughter to go, but I think it's more important to be sure she is safe since she does want to go.
    happi-ladi

Answer by happi-ladi at 9:26 PM on Jan. 29, 2009

• Yes. No hotel rooms involved.... yes!
    Sandiii

Answer by Sandiii at 10:15 AM on Jan. 30, 2009

• ya for sure. I used to catch the bus out of town like every weekend to goto concerts, when I was 14.
    She's definitely old enough to do that.
    BambiF

Answer by BambiF at 10:40 AM on Jan. 30, 2009