What should I say if this catty talk continues?

There are two catty moms always gossip about people. Today they were being very negative about how I dressed. Meanwhile one wears Bebe on her butt and see thru grey juicy pants, and the other wears gangster jackets . This has been going on for awhile but today she made me it loud and clear. I gave hera very dirty look, but what should I say if she does this again?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:42 PM on Jan. 29, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I would hardly call that stylish, but nevertheless, I would just ignore them. We are adults and what others think should not bother us, especially about something so trivial.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 3:39 PM on Jan. 29, 2009

• Isn't there someone else you can sit with at recess?

Honestly - where are you with these women that you are so privy to their conversations?
    Wimsey

Answer by Wimsey at 2:45 PM on Jan. 29, 2009

• At a school inside waiting for our kids to come out.
    Anonymous

• Stop holding back and tell her how you feel. I had a friend that ripped on my husband about how he is w/ certain things, only to avoid a fight. Well I had had enough one day and opened my mouth! It got very ugly needless to say. Another girl got involved and opened her mouth, and began to pull my hair. I punched her in the face and walked away. lol. I'm not a mean person whatsoever. We no longer talk and its been almost a year. You don't need people in your life that are going to upset you.
    Tiffany237

Answer by Tiffany237 at 2:46 PM on Jan. 29, 2009

• show up naked
    Anonymous

• just act like you dont care & have more important things to do than get caught up in their catty crap. if you dont react to their stupidity they wont keep bugging you. unless they are just that unintelligent which is all the more reason not to get tied up w/ it all.

or you could tell them to mind there own damn business & to leave you the hell alone
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 2:47 PM on Jan. 29, 2009

• Some people just have a hard time letting go of high school. There comes a time in life when people need to grow up and start acting like adults. I wish I had some good advice for you but there are petty childish women like this all over the world. There is a click of women like this at my work that I have to deal with everyday and it drives me crazy!

Anonymous

• I guess their self esteem is low. They are on the same level of attractiveness only they want to be the center of attention all the time.You gotta share sometimes.I even tried to befriend her to be really treated as if I were harassing her.Just the only thing is her face is not pretty. I dunno. I guess hs happens all over again when your kids attend school.....
    Anonymous

• Bring a book to read while you wait, download italian lessons to your iPod and use that time to practice, bring your mending basket in............if I had 15-20 minutes spare time in the afternoon where I had nothing to do but listen to other people I would be grateful for it!
    Wimsey

Answer by Wimsey at 2:55 PM on Jan. 29, 2009

• Yes, I wear my ipod.Everyone else is so sweet, except for Lindsay Loland her partner in crime.Lol. from Mean Girls
    Anonymous