How do you respond to someones answer to your question?

Hi! I'm new to Cafemom (I usually use yahoo answers but thought Id try something different)

Anyway I see on some answers you can write back to someones comments but I asked a question & when I chose best answer it didnt prompt me to leave feedback for that person. Does it work on a points system or something like Y/A?

Also, yesterday I asked the same question 3 times, (one was by accident b/c my computer crashed so I asked it again not knowing it already posted) the other 2 times I put it once under toddler 1-2 & once under general parenting & the person that answered kind of called me out on it. Is asking the same question under to diffrent catagories considered bad etiquette on here? I do it on Y/A because most people stay wth one catagory & to get a bigger answer pool I'll ask the same question in a couple diffrenet spot so more people see/read it & hopefully answer

okay thanks =)

heimikkat

Asked by heimikkat at 2:43 PM on Jan. 29, 2009 in About CafeMom

• Not sure if its considered bad etiquette or not. I, personally, dont think so afterall we just are looking for answers so the more times you can get it around...why not.

As for best answer....there is no point system that Ive ever seen or heard about when given best answer. You just get notified you were picked. I imagine if you wanted to thank that person you could send them a message personally or put a thx in their chatterbox on their profile page. OR you could just thank people for answering before closing the question...thats what I do.
    BonesDragonDew

Answer by BonesDragonDew at 2:47 PM on Jan. 29, 2009

• You should try to post it under the best suited catagory on here.
    Point system,feed back and format is not like yahoo answers.
    Your basically ranked.
    Anonymous

• When you choose as best answer it automatically closes the question....no more nothing after you do that.
    HappyWifeNmom

Answer by HappyWifeNmom at 3:17 PM on Jan. 29, 2009

• First, welcome to the Cafe, I promise it's a great place to be.

For posting a question more than once, it's best to just pick the best possible category as the question will show as a most recent question so it will get input from moms looking in other categories.

Choosing an answer will close the question to any further input. You can either leave a comment before you close it or you can click on the persons screen name and leave her a chatter message. Most people do like to know if their advice helps someone out.

There are some wonderful ladies giving great advice here and if you spend any amount of time here in this section you'll get to know them. There are also a lot of raging hormones, PMS, hot flashes and forgotten manners around here. Don't let the rude ones scare you off.

If you need any help settling in drop me a note. I am usually on somewhere. =
    Liansmommie

Answer by Liansmommie at 10:51 PM on Jan. 29, 2009