what do you wish you would have been told

what is that a new mom wishes she would have been told about
Breastfeeding?
and carring for a new baby?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:54 PM on Jan. 29, 2009 in General Parenting

• I wish I would've been told that a breast pump can lower your milk supply!!!!!
    lizafur13

Answer by lizafur13 at 3:51 PM on Jan. 29, 2009

• Can't help with the breast feeding since I bottle fed but I wish I'd been told that bonding with a new baby might take a while, the sleep depravation can make you depressed and crazy and that general parenting is incredibly difficult and a strain on relationships but that it IS worth it at the other end.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 4:34 PM on Jan. 29, 2009

• Looking back, I had wanted not only instant success, I wanted success during the entire time I breastfed. I thought it was the most natural thing in the world, so I thought it should have been the easiest for me and my babies. So, with that said, I wish that someone would have told me to RELAX. That breastfeeding takes a while to get adjusted to, and then once you're used to it, the schedule/baby changes, throwing you off again, and that it's okay, you'll both figure it out. In today's world, we want everything in an instant, and that included, for me, success with breastfeeding. ANd I had wanted to breastfeed without problems. (In my head, that would have me a better mommy that everyone else, boy was I dumb) Also, I wish more people would have come out and said that it was okay for me to breastfeed around them, and not act like I was doing something revolting.

McGregor

Answer by McGregor at 6:31 PM on Jan. 29, 2009

• That my son had a cleft lip. I could have prepared myself for it and all that we would have to go through.
    robinsi2000

Answer by robinsi2000 at 7:22 PM on Jan. 29, 2009

• that if you laugh to hard milk shoots from your boobies and not your nose lol
    connorsmom22607

Answer by connorsmom22607 at 8:13 PM on Jan. 29, 2009