Why do my legs itch so bad?

I am 21 wks today, and usually at nighttime, the top of my legs itch like crazy!!! Is this a pregnancy thing? I lotion them daily, so they are not overly dry. It has only been like this for the past few wks.

Tiffany237

Asked by Tiffany237 at 2:59 PM on Jan. 29, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Are you getting prickly heat? Mine have been itching like crazy too, but I have dry skin.
    Anonymous

• it could be dry just from the weather, but i think its a hormone thing too. i know when i was pregnant i was super itchy!!
    Amanduhpanda

Answer by Amanduhpanda at 3:02 PM on Jan. 29, 2009

• Your legs are probably just dry because the of the weather. Mine does the same thing, just make sure you put lotion on a couple times a day. Especially after every shower or bath.

cstanton625

Answer by cstanton625 at 3:04 PM on Jan. 29, 2009

• Not trying to sound rude but it could also be the fact that your skin is stretching.

cstanton625

Answer by cstanton625 at 3:06 PM on Jan. 29, 2009

• on her legs? Her skin is stretching??
    Anonymous

• Mine have been itchy since about week 8, it comes and goes, especially at night. I really think it's a hormone thing.
    GermanMami

Answer by GermanMami at 3:11 PM on Jan. 29, 2009

• ANON 208... yes, her skin could be stretching. the main storage compartment for pregnant women is their thighs. if she is pregnant, her body is storing more fat, and her legs will expand... yes, the skin must stretch.

I use Eucerin lotion, I have the intensive repair pump jug of it... bought it at walmart for 10$... stuff has worked wonders!
    matobe

Answer by matobe at 3:21 PM on Jan. 29, 2009

• My legs and my belly have been itching (20 weeks tomorrow) and like you, the worst of it is at night. I kinda chalked mine up to a combination of my skin stretching, the dry/cold weather and the itchy band on my maternity pants. Also, after being in your clothes all day they could just be irritating you. A warm shower and some unscented lotion usually helps me. Good luck :)
    gretch81

Answer by gretch81 at 3:40 PM on Jan. 29, 2009

• well, since no one saw the part the you do put lotion on daily, it's probably Not dry skin..its probably the fact that your skin is stretching..im 28wks and my belly itches All the time
    tnteaton

Answer by tnteaton at 3:42 PM on Jan. 29, 2009