If Obama and changed his mind and decided not to sign the Freedom of Choice Act.....

How will you react?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:00 PM on Jan. 29, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Very happy and relieved and I will have more respect for him :) I hope he were to change his mind on the Defense of Marriage Act too.
    Anonymous

• It all depends on how one views the topic. If you are for FOCA then I would assume those people would be upset that he changed his mind about one of his promises. However, if you are against FOCA I would assume that you would be delighted. Either way he goes on this issue there will be people who are happy and others who are not. I would be upset b/c I think that if a mother's life is in danger then she should be able to make the choice to terminate her pregnancy.
    micrespo

Answer by micrespo at 3:06 PM on Jan. 29, 2009

• I will be happy because I do not think a president should have the power to sign a bill he was instrumental in creating - any bill, even if it's about changing the name of Main St. to Maple St. That's a cross over of the balance of power that I don't think they anticipated when the constitution was written.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 3:09 PM on Jan. 29, 2009

• He would probably have earned 30% more of my support from me.
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 3:13 PM on Jan. 29, 2009

• But it would take HEAVY campaigning from Evangelicals and Conservatives and listening on his and Democrats part imo to make it happen.  Therefore, Conservatives would have to work VERY hard campaigning.  Which is why we voice our opinion :o)

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 3:17 PM on Jan. 29, 2009

• I would be very disappointed.
    Wimsey

Answer by Wimsey at 3:27 PM on Jan. 29, 2009

• I would be happy. Abortion is available 1.3 million were done last year so we have abortion and it is legal not sure the point of this.
    Anonymous

• Very, VERY skeptically. I would assume that he would say "Oh no, I changed my mind, not signing it." only to make all us pro-lifers say "phew, that was close!" and while we take a deep breath of relief he signs a 'different' act under a different name that's basically the same thing.

IF Obama says he's not signing the FOCA, I would almost garauntee you it's because they have a stealth act written up under a different name to do it secretly. It'll be the exact same thing, maybe in a few different parts or just a new name...but it'll be the EXACT same thing.
    MamaCatCat

Answer by MamaCatCat at 3:54 PM on Jan. 29, 2009

• hey.. getting rid of abortions completely would result in a lot more deaths from desperate unwilling moms turning to the abortionist in the backseat of a station wagon.. I may be pro life but I see the value in the act.. providing safe abortions is much better than trying to force people to have babies they don;t want or cant take care of I know there are other options but to a desperate person those options are too little too late.
    kristal2146

Answer by kristal2146 at 4:08 PM on Jan. 29, 2009

• He will sign the bill.
    Anonymous