Question for ex-smokers

how loooong does it take for the thought, "oh after this I'm going to go have a cigarette," to go away?! I quit in October...and I still think that I'm going to get a juicy smoke after I do all my chores or go shopping or whatever..ugh!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:03 PM on Jan. 29, 2009 in Just for Fun

• a LOOOOOONG time.
    Anonymous

• I waited about a year, and started up again.
    Anonymous

• i think smoking is the one habit that NEVER goes away! Every one I know that has quit smoking will always have cravings at certain times. it sucks! i commend you for quitting! i was able to quit when i was pregnant and nursing, but as soon as i stopped i started up again! so congrats for you!! i couldnt avoid the urges lol
    Amanduhpanda

Answer by Amanduhpanda at 3:06 PM on Jan. 29, 2009

• I say that all the time...You just have to train yourself, to not give in to that issue...
    HottMamaRossx2

Answer by HottMamaRossx2 at 3:20 PM on Jan. 29, 2009

• Ya know..I quit smoking right before I found out I was pregnant and for a few months after she was born, I would occasionally think about smoking a cigarette as I lived with smokers and there were always cigarettes around. BUT then I would think about going outside, smoking, then coming in and picking up my baby and her putting her head against my smoke scented clothing. And I also imagined her getting old enough to talk and asking me, "Mommy why do you smoke?" It definitely made me not want to smoke ever again.
    instantkarma

Answer by instantkarma at 3:31 PM on Jan. 29, 2009

• Never, IMO. I wanted to smoke from the time I was little and loved the habit, though the "addiction" was never really an issue for me. I could go very very long periods of time without smoking and then chain smoke in the right situation. For me it was social. Sometimes I still want to smoke, but it never tastes as good as it used to. I enjoyed it though.
    Anonymous

• You know at first it seems like every 5 minutes!
    summerray5

Answer by summerray5 at 6:54 PM on Jan. 29, 2009