I need help with a crochet project please! wool versus acrylic diaper cover

Hello ladies! I am just about done with a cloth diaper cover I made for a friend. It was intended to be wool to absorb moisture. But now I am thinking the black yarn I used may be acrylic. Reason being: my son ripped all my labels off and the yarn is mixed up.I know the orange is wool. I distinctly remember that is wool. I also grabbed black wool. So there is a possibility it is wool afterall. But it's still just so confusing lol If it is acrylic, the purpose of these pants are pointless for a cloth diaper-er :( Is there any way I can test them to see if they are wool versus acrylic?

Owl_Feather

Asked by Owl_Feather at 2:29 AM on May. 30, 2012 in Hobbies & Crafts

• There's a diaper sewing group. Do you belong to that? Or just posting here to hopefully getting faster answers?

Wish I could help but me and yarn don't get along.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:36 AM on May. 30, 2012

• I asked there too lol

Owl_Feather

Comment by Owl_Feather (original poster) at 2:38 AM on May. 30, 2012

• First is the wool you used washable? If so it won't shrink and felt up. Wool is more absorbent than acrylic. The reason is wool is a more natural fiber and acrylic is actually made of plastic. so you can see how quickly one absorbs over the other. However, if the wool is not ok to wash, you are going to find that if you wet the wool it is going to shrink up and be made into a natural felt. The soaker is really cute by the way. Good luck and let us know how you made out.
    kbpegasus

Answer by kbpegasus at 7:30 AM on May. 30, 2012

• will it say on the label if it is washable? It is "I love this wool" yarn
    Owl_Feather

Comment by Owl_Feather (original poster) at 11:35 AM on May. 30, 2012

• just looked online it says it's machine washable!
    Owl_Feather

Comment by Owl_Feather (original poster) at 11:36 AM on May. 30, 2012