Babies Nurseries?

Where did you come up with the theme for your babies nursery? Me and my husband were talking the other night. We both agreed that we would do something that we both grew up around, like pooh or something along those lines. What and where did you get your ideas. What are some of the best places to buy baby bedding.

We are going to ttc in august i think. I am a believer in reading up on things before... lol

Am i weird?

leahbnaiteacher

Asked by leahbnaiteacher at 3:07 PM on Jan. 29, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Not weird at all. I loved my nursery so much, I recently created a group (and haven't had time to promote it or invite people to join) to discuss nusery, registry, and baby gear topics. Feel free to join http://www.cafemom.com/group/97074.  We went all gender-neutral with all of our baby items (except most of the clothes) so that they could be used again for future children. Our nursery pond/bugs/dragonfly themed.  My nursery is in my son's album here on cafemom.

NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 3:37 PM on Jan. 29, 2009

• for my first son we did teddy bears mainly because my aunt had bought us the set and i couldnt be rude and tell her i didnt like and i didnt but owell.
    This time around my Husband and I decided on Curiouse George simply because i think the show is the cuttest thing plus i really like the monkey and figured it wasnt to common.
    Anonymous

• me and my husband decided to do a jungle theme! we decided not to find out the sex of the baby so we needed a unisex room and im obsessed with monkeys and stuff lol. plus its been so much fun to do! theres so many decorations and toys that go along with it. and we were able to do our whole babyshower in a jungle theme, and my daughters first birthday will also have a jungle theme. i just think its fun and universal adn you can have a lot going on in there, but still keep it relaxing. we got our set from babies r us and it has lots of browns and cream colors in it, so its still relaxing and yet fun!
    Amanduhpanda

Answer by Amanduhpanda at 3:14 PM on Jan. 29, 2009

• My husband and I agreed that if we were having a girl, I could pick the theme and he had no say so. But if we were having a boy, he could pick it and I had no say so. Well, my husband is also a huge University of Oklahoma fan (never misses a game). I don't let him put his OU stuff in the house, only in his study which he calls the "Man Room." So when we found out we were having a boy, he wanted to do it OU. It turned out really, really well though. We ordered most everything online for baby bedding at speciality shops online. But a lot of it we already had from my husband's "man room." If we had a girl, I would have done hearts. That's what my room was when I was little and I loved it. Just different sizes and pastel colored hearts.
    DDry

Answer by DDry at 3:18 PM on Jan. 29, 2009

• We did Classic Pooh for my son, and are doing it again for my baby girl. I chose it only because w/ my son it was too early to determine the sex so I wanted to go w/ something that could be for either sex. I was too anxious and wanted to start shopping right away. I am using it again w/ this one so I don' t have to go out and buy more than I need too!
    Tiffany237

Answer by Tiffany237 at 3:23 PM on Jan. 29, 2009

• BOOMER!!!!!

Lol, DH is a huge OU fan too, we actually live in Norman! How cool is that... lol! I'm sure our DH would get along great!

However, we both wanted to give Weston a cowboy room, but cowboy baby stuff is hard for us to find without being terribly expensive. We agreed on a Farm Animal theme... that way, anything piggies, cows, horses, ducks, roosters, sheep, tractors, barns, etc would go!
    matobe

Answer by matobe at 3:24 PM on Jan. 29, 2009

• For a girl, we would have done ladybugs. I'm not sure why, but I was in LOOOOVE with the bed set Babies R Us had with the ladybugs... ; )
    matobe

Answer by matobe at 3:26 PM on Jan. 29, 2009