Anyone ever have this? Period Question

So the date of my last period was December 1st 08. I took a pregnancy test I'd say last week sometime, came back negative. I was supposed to get my period around the 1st of January and I was having cramping so I thought for sure I was going to be getting it soon, well still nothing. The past week or so I've been having these shooting pains in my lower left pelvic region esp when my son will sit on me or just something stupid will bring the pain on. I haven't noticed any swelling in my lower abdomin either so I'm just not sure what it could be so if anyone has any ideas or ever experienced this please let me know. I was planning on making an appt with my gyno but I don't want to if it's just something I'm overreacting about. Thanks in advance!

FutureMrsWiske

Asked by FutureMrsWiske at 3:07 PM on Jan. 29, 2009 in Health

• I think you should be seen ASAP. If you aren't pregnant, then you may have an ovarian cyst that can be quite painful. It's also possible that you may have an ectopic pregnancy. Or it could be nothing whatsoever. Either way, you should try to get in to see a doctor as soon as you can.
    purvislets

Answer by purvislets at 3:10 PM on Jan. 29, 2009

• i am wondering the exact same thing!! my last period was on Dec 15 and im still waiting for my period! im not to osure what it might be. how old is your son? what i mean is, did you just have him in the past year that your period might still be messed up? thats what im figuring is wrong with me. wish i had more advice! im sorry. good luck!
    Amanduhpanda

Answer by Amanduhpanda at 3:11 PM on Jan. 29, 2009

• My son just turned 2 so I don't think that could be it, but I have been taking medication for awhile now that could possibly be causing it to come late. I have been taking this medication which is adderall for sometime now, over 8 months and I've never had a problem before so.....I'm just so confused :) Don't get me wrong I would love to be pregnant but I don't feel like I am. With my son is was constant migraines but no sickness or anything.
    FutureMrsWiske

Answer by FutureMrsWiske at 3:25 PM on Jan. 29, 2009