Is there a seceret to getting twins??

Theres twins in both mine and my hubbys familys and I really wanted twins when I had my son but got one.. I wanna know if there is a trick to getting them for the next time we start trying to have a baby...

MiSs.SmOkEy

Asked by MiSs.SmOkEy at 3:11 PM on Jan. 29, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• no seceret it either happens or it doesnt. you can up your chances if you need fertilitie treament but doesnt sound like you do.
    As for twins being on both sides of the family new research has shown there is no known genetic link to have twins so just because there are twins in a family doesnt mean someone else in the family will have twins. Good luck maybe you will get lucky.
    Anonymous

• omg i am afraid of ever having twins. lol. it would be cute although very uncomfortable in the belly but two at once? aahhhh.lol
    BubbysMom208

Answer by BubbysMom208 at 3:52 PM on Jan. 29, 2009

• The only genetic componant to twins is some women are more likely to release 2 eggs, resulting in fraternal twins. The only way to "cheat" at twins is to take fertility drugs & hope for the best. but you can just go get some because you want twins! they dont just hand them out to ppl like that. identical twins are by chance anyway. and having them on your husband's side of the family does not increase your chances.
    Anonymous

• No secret, Either runs in the family,pure luck or having fertility treatments.
    Baby1114

Answer by Baby1114 at 4:31 PM on Jan. 29, 2009

• There is no way to guarantee you'll have twins. Your chances are higher for fraternal twins if there are fraternal twins in your family (hubby's family doesn't make a difference and identicals in your family does not make a difference), you use fertility drugs, you are an older mom, or you have a lot of pregnancies. There is a slight increased chance of identicals if you do ivf, possibly because handling of the embryos makes them more likely to split.
    TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 4:55 PM on Jan. 29, 2009