What would you d if your 14 nearly 15 year old was having sex, or what do you think of it?

A friends daughter has been talking to a close family friend over the internet for nearly 3months. the boy is 16. She is very careful, pretty and mature girl and does'nt fall for just anyboy as i've learnt. But she wants to meet up with him but her mother does'nt really approve, and i know for a fact that she would "do it" with him because she told me, we are very close she babysits for us and we have longs chats she's such a lovely girl. I told her that i won't tell her mother anything but if you do meet up with him themn her. I also told her about everything involved with sex and she seemed to actually listen and want advice. I know she's only 14 and most of you will comment on that but think about it there are lots of mothers on here who lost their virginity at that age and it's more common now. I've got to say the boy is lovely and a good family friend and no doubt her cousins have warned him lol. But what do you think?

Mummytomore

Asked by Mummytomore at 3:16 PM on Jan. 29, 2009 in Teens (13-17)

• Well as long as you know she is taking all the right precautions and is being mature and carefull...... and there are NOT many 14 or 15 yr olds that are not having sex these days and i dont care what these ladies say!!! I was a dance instructor and a cheerleading coach and i had lots of girls confide in me cause they had nutty moms who wouldnt listen to them!! She is going to have sex weather her mom knows or not the important thing is she has someone to talk to and confide in and thats not always someones mom i know my mom wasnt that person for me!! I think you just need to keep talking to her and giving her good advice and try to get HER to tell her mom and if she doesnt want to then so be it!!! I wouldnt tell her mom against her wishes either right or wrong...... and no i wouldnt like it if someone was keeping that from me about my DD but i hope to be the mom that my DD's can come and tell ANYTHING to!!
    scaredmommy08

Answer by scaredmommy08 at 4:02 PM on Jan. 29, 2009

• I must say i fully support her but i am also scared for her because i don't want her to get hurt. But the boy seems so nice it's hard, he genuinely does like her. They have all the signs of love, but then again they are quite young.

Mummytomore

Answer by Mummytomore at 3:17 PM on Jan. 29, 2009

• I think if you are an adult and she plans to meet with some boy her parents said she couldn't to have sex, then you need to tell her you have to tell her parents she is meeting him or you will. This is rather ridiculous. He is a close family friend to who, to your family or to hers. This is definitely something that you are supposed to steer her towards her mother or her parents about.
    Anonymous

• OMG, You have kept this issue from her parents.OMG You need to tell her parents. NOW!!!
    If another adult kept that issue a secret from me, about my DD. She wouldn't be in my DD's life anymore.

Answer by louise2 at 3:21 PM on Jan. 29, 2009

• Are you coo-coo or something, she's only 14, her mother has a right to know. Only a childish adult would keep this from her. You are not her peer, so stop acting like one. Do not compare her to the people on here, there are way to many knocked teenagers on here and that's something you want to prevent. Tell her parents so that they can get her off the internet and to stay away for that pervert.
    Anonymous

• First off, your right, it is becoming more common for young kids to be having sex...but what makes you think that that makes it ok? Who cares is who else is "doing it" as that age, shes still to young. If you dont want to go to her parents why dont you try talking her out of it first. If that doesnt work I would probably take the issue to her parents even though I know how hard that would be...she obviously trusts you if she can tell you things like that but when it comes down to it you have to do whats best for her...
    ArmyWifeNewMom

Answer by ArmyWifeNewMom at 3:29 PM on Jan. 29, 2009

• furthermore the more I think about it. She is 14 and you as an adult should really be telling her she is too young at that age to be thinking about sex. You should be telling her that that is an awful lot to love and it isn't the same as infatuation with some words typed over an internet. You should be telling her that he sounds nice and all but sex is a BIG big thing and not something you just go and do with the first boy you think is a sweet talker. Yes there are plenty who have had sex at a young age but that does not mean it is right, or should be encouraged or supported. It has consequences both physical and emotional that a 14 year old has no clue about.
    Anonymous

• Please tell her parents, I don't want to hear about another teen pregnancy on this website.
    Anonymous

• Being that your the adult that this young lady is talking to and getting advice from isn't it your responsability to try to stear her clear of situations that could ultimately hurt her? 3 months isn't a very long relationship, and I wouldn't count an internet relationship as 3 months. It's when you spend time with a person that you really get to know that person. How does she know that she really wants to be with the boy when it's just as likely that she fell in love with what he types on the keyboard, rather then the real person.
    Anonymous

• cont.
    I would never give any sort of encouragement to a young person to take that step. I was young when I lost my virginity and I realize that most people don't wait very long before giving it up. The thing is, it's something you never get back so you should really make sure it's with the person you want to share that with. As the adult, I would encourage my young people to make sure they're really and truley in love with that person and to hold out until they're 100% sure that they're with the person they want to loose it to.
    JMO
    Anonymous