Baby carriers or slings?

When I go to the doctor I have to carry my diaper bag, the bottle insulator bag, and the car seat by myself because my husband works and of course they are all heavy. I was wondering if a baby carrier or a sling is worth getting instead of carrying the car seat? Please give me advice whether you think they are bad to get or good and please tell me why. Also, if you have a carrier or sling you love please tell me the name of it and where you got it from. My baby is a month old right now and I would be using the carrier or sling once it gets warmer...keep in mind that i was a carrier or sling that is not hard to put on because I've read some reviews where parents say it was hard to put on because of its many straps....thanks ladies!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:17 PM on Jan. 29, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• i LOVED my baby sling!! it was the best purchase i ever made! it made life so simple and it was super easy to use, no straps, just flip it over your chest and around your back and put the baby in it. and it was not expensive at all!! ill put a link to the one i got on here. but i highly recommend them! my daughter always slept in hers! she loved it! it may feel weird at first like unstable, but as you get used to it its super comfortable!!

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2663262
    Amanduhpanda

Answer by Amanduhpanda at 3:22 PM on Jan. 29, 2009

• I have a Snugli baby carrier, actually I have 2! I LOVE them. You can get them at Target and Wal-mart and I'm sure lots of other places. It helps SO much!
    sarah3-CO

Answer by sarah3-CO at 3:24 PM on Jan. 29, 2009

• I love the carriers and the slings. I have one of each. The sling takes some time to get used to. I went online and looked up every different way to wear it. I have a jellybean reversable pocket sling from wallmart. It is really light whieght, and you can actually breast feed in public with this poticular sling. I also have a carrier. It is a little harder to put on by yourself, but sterdy. I wear that when I am cleaning house, or doing something that causes a lot of movement. I hate carrying that heavy car seat, and I think the sling or the carrier are a better choice.
    momofaprodigy

Answer by momofaprodigy at 3:28 PM on Jan. 29, 2009

• I had a BabyBjorn carrier and a sling. The carrier was OK but yes, it was awkward to get her in and out of it. The sling was great. I really wish I'd gotten it a lot earlier! I had a SlingLing sling... www.slinglings.com. Even if you don't get one there, she has GREAT instructions on her site for how to use them.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 3:30 PM on Jan. 29, 2009

• the sling is great for going out.. but for the doctors it was just a pain for me. She spent so little time in it and I had to get her in and take her out twice.. not worth it, just use the carseat. But if your going shopping or somewhere where the baby can stay in for a longer period of time the sling was GREAT!!! She slept in it and was quiet when she was awake.. perfect baby!
    kristal2146

Answer by kristal2146 at 4:28 PM on Jan. 29, 2009

• the infantino sling that I had was great. The only drawback was that she only fit into it until she was 4 months and there's no way to position it so she could sit up in it. I'd rather have a wrap around sling that I can still use!
    kristal2146

Answer by kristal2146 at 4:29 PM on Jan. 29, 2009