i took a pregnant test it was negative. did i took the test to early? am having sign of being pregnant. my last period was january 4, 2009. what should i do?

kiakia09

Asked by kiakia09 at 3:21 PM on Jan. 29, 2009 in Pregnancy

• you took one way too early! i did the same thing so many times and wasted so much money lol. wait until your period is ATLEAST a week late. any earlier then that and your results will not be accurate! good luck!!
    Amanduhpanda

Answer by Amanduhpanda at 3:23 PM on Jan. 29, 2009

• Yep, too early.
    Follow the directions in the package. A couple brands say you can test 3 to 4 days AFTER your period is late. Most say a week.
    And be sure to take it first thing in the morning with your first morning pee. That will be most accurate too.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 3:28 PM on Jan. 29, 2009

• Too early. Could just be gas or bloating too. Wait until you have missed your period. You got yours right when I got mine and mine isn't due until next Weds.
    Anonymous

• Take a home one on: 2-1-09
    Otherwise go get from the doctor a prenatal blood test.
    Baby1114

Answer by Baby1114 at 3:34 PM on Jan. 29, 2009

• way too early I would say...my last period was december 19th and I am still getting negatives on home pregnancy tests...the only reason I found out i was pregnant is cause I was having sharp pains and since I just had an IUC removed the doctor wanted to know if I was or not so he could check for ectopic pregnancy...wait a few more weeks or call the doctor and ask for a blood test! Don't be surprised if you get negatives on hpt until 6-8weeks of pregnancy! Good luck and baby dust!
    LOVE2bMOMMY525

Answer by LOVE2bMOMMY525 at 3:36 PM on Jan. 29, 2009

• You took it too early. You can take an early pregnancy home test the begining of Feb and then re-test every week after until you either get a positive or get your period.
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 3:42 PM on Jan. 29, 2009

• Was going to add that 1-28-09 is when a blood test would be accurate to show.
    So either you can wait until 2-1-09 for a home test or go see a doctor sooner for a test and exam.
    Best of luck.
    Baby1114

Answer by Baby1114 at 3:46 PM on Jan. 29, 2009

• well you said you had a period jan.4th and the normal would be every 28 days you have a period and it's only been 26 but I don't know the normal for you.All I can say is just wait.
    graceynlexasmom

Answer by graceynlexasmom at 3:50 PM on Jan. 29, 2009

• yes you did. take it after you miss the period. there i still pleanty of time for it to come.
    Anonymous

• If you have a normal 28 day cycle you should start your period on the 1st of Feb. I would wait until that date to test. Also, take the test first thing in the morning as the urine is supposed to contain more of the hormone
    heatherann0221

Answer by heatherann0221 at 7:24 PM on Jan. 29, 2009