Since some believe that Pres. Obama is the worst thing that ever happened how is that are country in in shambles and a Reublican just left?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:26 PM on Jan. 29, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• You cannot blame the Democratic party nor can you blame the Republican party. Our government is a combination of the three (including the Independents). It does not happen by the stroke of one man's pen. You cannot place blame solely on Bush Sr., Clinton, Bush or even Obama. It is a collaborative effort of Congress, our representatives and the POTUS as well as the VP. To place the blame solely on one party's shoulders is to expose one's ignorance to how the political system truly works.
    micrespo

Answer by micrespo at 3:30 PM on Jan. 29, 2009

• People are stubborn. Even when Obama proves his work is of god, and the country starts to come together, republicans will still have SOMETHING to say. And they always will.
    Anonymous

• Because Reublicans use mind control and steal all your apples?
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 3:28 PM on Jan. 29, 2009

• I never said he was the worst thing ever. Slight Exaggeration? Perhaps. Nonetheless I only feel we[conservatives] need to work harder to ensure our country doesn't not slip any further into a socialistic style nation.

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 3:33 PM on Jan. 29, 2009

• And we aren't in complete shambles yet. Most Americans HAVE a job. I don't see bread being rationed, yet. I still see the mall parking lot packed and people at Wal Mart shopping... So, let's avoid socialism, let the market correct itself and avoid spending money we do not have!
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 3:36 PM on Jan. 29, 2009

• We've had a Republican president but the Democrats still had control over the Congress and Senate
    trevsrockinmom

Answer by trevsrockinmom at 3:37 PM on Jan. 29, 2009

• trevsrockinmom
    trevs...
    We've had a Republican president but the Democrats still had control over the Congress and Senate

Exactly! Do you people not understand how congress/senate works? Do you not know how checks and balances works? Did you even pass high school government?!
    HaydensMommy007

Answer by HaydensMommy007 at 3:51 PM on Jan. 29, 2009

• trevsrockinmom

***

I can't emphasize this point enough!!! LOL! You know, for people who claim to do SO much "research" on their candidate of choice, they don't spend a heck of a lot of time researching what exactly our elected officials do!!!

LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 4:05 PM on Jan. 29, 2009

• ~yawns~
    mamakirs

Answer by mamakirs at 4:08 PM on Jan. 29, 2009

• I don't like either party, the "Let them eat cakes" or "Let us all share this one, tiny piece of cake," (instead of baking a bigger cake.) some day there will be a party that wants to build a bigger, better cake, and I'll be donating money and time to their cause. In the meantime, I'm just trying to put food (cake?) on the table, and keep a roof over our heads.
    Trixiebelle2

Answer by Trixiebelle2 at 4:08 PM on Jan. 29, 2009