How soon should I start buying maternity clothes?

This is my second pregnancy but my son is almost 6 and I forgot!...just asking.

NJMom2Tyler

Asked by NJMom2Tyler at 3:27 PM on Jan. 29, 2009 in Pregnancy

Level 1 (-15 Credits)
  • When you grow out of the clothes that fit you of course, lol. If you sew, it is really simple to make your own and it's alot cheaper. Also, look at buying a belly band. They extend the life of your regular pants and are only like $10.
    navy-wife

Answer by navy-wife at 3:30 PM on Jan. 29, 2009

• just because your pregnant, doesnt mean you HAVE TO buy maternity clothes...I wore my regular clothes till about my 8th month of pregnacy...and I felt a lot better in my regular clothes...buy them whenever you want, as long as YOU are comfortable!
    ArmyWifeNewMom

Answer by ArmyWifeNewMom at 3:33 PM on Jan. 29, 2009

• Not until you need them. I wore my regular clothes through my entire pregnancy. I had one pair of maternity pants.
    a_and_j_momma

Answer by a_and_j_momma at 3:34 PM on Jan. 29, 2009

• Not until you need them. Then try them on before buying them. Not all pregnancy clothes in the same size are created equally lol. I also suggest the belly band.
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 3:40 PM on Jan. 29, 2009

• Oh no...I'm definitely a maternity clothes wearer. LOL. With my son I started wearing them when I was around 6 months. I have to dress for work so I needed to get a whole new wardrobe basically. The thing is Old Navy is having a 50% off sale and I was getting a bit anxious. I'm only 2 months now...
    NJMom2Tyler

Answer by NJMom2Tyler at 3:41 PM on Jan. 29, 2009

• i would start soon with my pregnancy now which is also my second i started too show a lot sooner then with my first so you will probably need them soon at 3-4 months lol
    greeniemommy

Answer by greeniemommy at 5:16 PM on Jan. 29, 2009