Fleas in my daughters hair !!!!

We recently had an outbreak of fleas in our home... well i really didnt think they were that bad, because I have only found them on the dogs --- we actually give the dogs quite expensive flea meds, so I dont know why this year they have them ....

well today My daughter complained about an itchy spot on her head, I brushed her hair over and found a "pile" of fleas ( probably like 8 of them all bunched together) ... I searched the rest of her hair and couldnt find anymore , or any of the black specs they leave behind ....

How did this happen? Why are they in her hair and what can I do about it..... it makes me sick to think about it

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:36 PM on May. 30, 2012 in Parenting Debate

• Yikes! I got no answers, but I will say that the fleas, ticks, and bedbugs have been AWFUL this year. The only one I've experienced firsthand is the fleas - we always use the flea stuff from the vet, and NEVER have problems, but this year we can't seem to get rid of them! In years past, we never even used the flea stuff every month like you're supposed to - just here and there, as needed (my cats are inside cats). But this year I had to re-apply after three weeks (with the vet's approval)!!
    FelipesMom

Answer by FelipesMom at 1:40 PM on May. 30, 2012

• http://www.ehow.com/how_4857198_rid-fleas-human-hair.html
    Mrs_Harsh

Answer by Mrs_Harsh at 1:42 PM on May. 30, 2012

• Jeezus how gross!! I'd be freaking out. Check Mrs Harsh's link. I suggest a lice comb to brush the little effers out!
    xXMarlyeXx

Answer by xXMarlyeXx at 1:52 PM on May. 30, 2012

• Lice comb and maybe the shampoo too. Wash her linens and Stuffed toys. Yikes!!!
    booklover545

Answer by booklover545 at 2:34 PM on May. 30, 2012

• Wash her hair with Dawn dish soap, your pets too if you can. Fleas die on contact with Dawn.
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 8:02 PM on May. 30, 2012

• thats terrible! we are dealing with a flea problem also but luckily i think they are almost gone but we had to get rid of our cat because of bf's allergies and the fleas but a friend took it in and got rid of it's fleas it seems
    rockabell.2009

Answer by rockabell.2009 at 5:29 PM on Sep. 25, 2012