Any advice on how to get the kids out of McDonalds playplace without losing it?

My kids are at the hitting and biting stage (still- it's been a long 3 years) and today i had one kid hitting other kids and she wouldn't come out at all. After totally losing my temper, i had to go up into the playplace to get her out. Not a pretty picture. Of course, advice about the hitting/ biting stage would help too. They beat up on each other all the time- i've tried time out and spanking but neither help. every time i ask my daughter if it's ok to hit people she says yes so how do you get them to stop if they don't realize it's wrong to hit people. I'm at the extreme of never going to mcdonald's again at this point.

twinsmom1214

Asked by twinsmom1214 at 3:29 PM on Jan. 29, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Don't take them to McDonalds...I wouldn't & I would tell them that unitl they learn to behave, you will not go back. Or this would embarrass your daughter, but make her stand in the corner at McDonalds. Good Luck!
    themacs4

Answer by themacs4 at 3:32 PM on Jan. 29, 2009

• hm, I would try not spanking (I am not against spanking or anything but have heard that that will teach them that hitting is okay- as long as you're the bigger one)
    I honestly wouldn't take them back until they learn how to behave. I watched a super nanny episode once in which nanny told the parents if they stayed calm and spoke in a low voice it would show the kids that the parent is in full control and will not be controlled by the child. perhaps when you get tense you show them in some way.
    either way it's a hard one, I kept my kids at home for a period when they couldn't behave in public. at home i felt i was in better control and in my own domain.
    as mine got older I am able to tell them what I expect of them on the way to McD. such as "i expect you to eat first, play nice, and when i say it's time to go you come right down"
    then I give them 15, 10 , 5 minute warnings and now they leave with no problem. Good Luck!
    LuckyClown

Answer by LuckyClown at 3:36 PM on Jan. 29, 2009

• I would not take them back until they were older and able to behave. As for the hitting and biting, all I can tell you is how I handled it. When my kids were little and started that phase 2 out of the 3 kids were sensitive souls and only had to be told a few times that it hurt and see me act like I was going to cry because they hurt me. My other kid did not seem to care, he thought it was funny, so after awhile I just decided to show him. The next time he tried to hit me I would grab his arm and ask if he wanted me to hit him, he said sure, so I did it just hard enough to make it sting a little. He realized it hurt and stopped, with his biting I resorted to biting him back, but only applied a little bit of pressure. Once he realized it hurt I only had to remind him a few times that it hurt and I was going to bite or hit him back (never did after that first time) and that was enough.
    vbongard

Answer by vbongard at 3:43 PM on Jan. 29, 2009

• I am probably the only freaking weirdo that would never let my kids play on the toys at Mickey Ds..grossed me out. I saw too many snotty nosed, dirty, nasty kids on those things..but if I had of...I would agree with the girls above...we wouldn't be making a trip back for a loooong time and I would explain to them everytime they asked to go why my answer is no.
    mamakirs

Answer by mamakirs at 4:05 PM on Jan. 29, 2009

• Go through Drive through and make them wait until they get home to eat or let them in the car. I thank the Lord that our no longer has them.
    Anonymous