Can being congested cause dizziness?

I feel dizzy and constantly congested throughout this whole preganancy, but I'm not to the point where I will actually loose my balance. Anyone experience this during their pregnancies?

Apr1l

Asked by Apr1l at 3:32 PM on Jan. 29, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Mine is not specifically during pregnancy, but sometimes when I am congested if affects my inner ear fluid and that makes me dizzy. It's all related...sinus issues can cause dizziness because it's all connected.
    DEFINITELY tell your doctor about it at your next visit, but just for some perspective, that's my situation.
    MamaCatCat

Answer by MamaCatCat at 4:00 PM on Jan. 29, 2009

• Yes, the inner ear thing is true w/ congestion. Also, it's the blood volume. Being careful when you stand up or when standing too long can cause dizziness.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 4:23 PM on Jan. 29, 2009

• When your congested you can't breath right, when you can't breath right it causes dizziness bc you're not getting enough oxygen to the brain
    lisacieslak

Answer by lisacieslak at 6:13 PM on Jan. 29, 2009