how to relieve nighttime heartburn?

i take tums, i sleep elevated but i still get bad heartburn at night and lose alot of sleep over it

kimberly172005

Asked by kimberly172005 at 3:32 PM on Jan. 29, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Pay attention to your diet. A lot of it is caused by food sensitivities. You can try looking up, "natural treatments for heartburn" on Google, and there are a lot of sites with info. Taking too much tums could potentially make it worse. Also, doing relaxation 1-2 times a day will help. I also heard that drinking a bit of apple cider vinegar helps too, but look for directions on google. Good luck!
    UrbanHerbsSF

Answer by UrbanHerbsSF at 3:36 PM on Jan. 29, 2009

• If it is really bad you can try pepcid complete chewables. They work really well. It's not really recommended, but I could not find any problems that it caused. I had to take it with my pregnancies because I had severe heartburn.
    kemclaughlin

Answer by kemclaughlin at 4:04 PM on Jan. 29, 2009

• add garlic to your foods helped alot with its what I did for my husband he used to have horrible heartburn and acid reflux since adding garlic to atleast one meal a day he hardly ever gets it.
    Anonymous

• try pepcid complete.tums did not work for me and my doctor told me to try that and all i have to take is one and my heartburn is gone.
    graceynlexasmom

Answer by graceynlexasmom at 5:18 PM on Jan. 29, 2009

• A combo of either pepcid or tums with a glass of milk helped me! I never had heartburn before I got pregnant!! Good luck!
    babyruby02

Answer by babyruby02 at 5:29 PM on Jan. 29, 2009