Would you recommend silicone bakeware or stone bakeware?

I'm considering buying some new bakeware. Which do you prefer? My biggest consideration at the moment is for brownies. My aluminum pans make the edges rock hard, while the middle ends up a bit gooey.

Does anyone use either or these? What do you like/dislike about them?

ClownPleco

Asked by ClownPleco at 3:49 PM on Jan. 29, 2009 in Food & Drink

• I think I like the silicone ones...but you have to put them on another baking sheet anyway b/c they are so flimsy..so keep your old ones, too!
    Anonymous

• I got the stone from Pamper Chef and I love mine. They cook everythinig perfectly.
    Kenzies_momma

Answer by Kenzies_momma at 4:01 PM on Jan. 29, 2009

• I have both. I have my Pampered Chef stones that I love and I also bought some silicone baking ware just to try it out. I baked cornbread in it and it tasted a little funny but I also baked a cake in another and it was fine. I guess it really depends on what I'm going to bake and won't know without trial and error. But...silicone bakeware is a lot cheaper than Pampered Chef thats for sure...lol
    happy2bme7

Answer by happy2bme7 at 4:20 PM on Jan. 29, 2009

• the Pampered Chef stones are AMAZING! i finally got one of my own for Christimas (id been borrowing my moms) and they cook things more evenly than anything ive ever cooked with. i use mine for pizza crusts, comes out perfect every time! they are super expensive tho
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 4:36 PM on Jan. 29, 2009

• I haven't tried either of these but it sounds as though I want to give them a try. I've used stainless steel and it works OK. For lasagna I have a pan that is coated with porcelan and it works fine, too. I am thinking from what I read above that I should have saved the money and gone with the stoneware.

Answer by Bmat at 5:07 PM on Jan. 29, 2009

• I really dont like the silicone,my food always tasted like my dishsoap,like it stuck to the silicone or something and I rinsed it very well,but also plastic has that effect on me also so I just use glass or pans.Mabey its just me? ;)
    JonahsMom1107

Answer by JonahsMom1107 at 10:50 PM on Jan. 30, 2009