• In the Spotlight:

What do I tell my daughter when she is a lil older what to call her private parts?

Not only me but i have a friend who has been thinking of this too.
I dont know what to tell her to call it.
I have one friend who tells her daughter to call it her cookie... which im not agreeing with... others privates.. .but thats what my mom called it and i hated it.
HELP!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:58 PM on Jan. 29, 2009 in General Parenting

• My girls call it their Vagina.

Answer by gemgem at 3:59 PM on Jan. 29, 2009

• now you got me wondering lol my daughter is 3 and she calles it her private part i think i will stick with that til shes in her teens lol
    wendy232425

Answer by wendy232425 at 4:01 PM on Jan. 29, 2009

• Privates. Why should it have a cute little name? I mean...calling it a vagina wouldn't be what I would teach a little girl yet but I don't want to go around talking to her about her cookie either. That just seems silly to me. Maybe I'd call it her pee pee but that would be the only other name I'd give it.
    happy2bme7

Answer by happy2bme7 at 4:02 PM on Jan. 29, 2009

• Vagina would be a good place to start.
    mamakirs

Answer by mamakirs at 4:02 PM on Jan. 29, 2009

• I agree....what would you do if she came home from school and said a boy in her class touched her cookie? Talk about confusing.....lol
    Anonymous

• I know lots of moms opt for vagina - but you can't actually see your vagina without a mirror. If you really want to use proper names, then use the proper names. She can see her labia.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 4:04 PM on Jan. 29, 2009

• I went with Vagina because thats what it is. I dont believe in teaching my kids cutesy names for body parts or slang of any kind. Its a Vagina not a cookie, not a foofy, not a moon, not looloo or anything else. If something ever happened I figure theyd be able to communicate effectively about their bodies.
    Anonymous

• ok thisis kind of funny..i have a 9yr old.she calls it her biggles..it caught on when she was very little and it stuck...well,i have a 29 yr old who is married and got pregnant.so i thought what do we do..we call it what it is .a vagina.uh uh,that didnt stick.oh my my now comes the fun part how did the baby get in there.ok well penis,that didnt go over and she wanted no part of that.she knows how the baby came out and where but getting in there no way...but just be truthful.periods we say period some moms dont even say that.maybe biggles will stick but we tried...
    snowmom974

Answer by snowmom974 at 4:06 PM on Jan. 29, 2009

• at her age i would just use private part or vagina. I didnt have a girl so i dont know really what i would tell her to call it i had a little boy and am having another boy.
    He of course calls his private area his wiener or pee pee. I guess its easier if you have a boy but i would be calling it anything silly like cookie. It is what it is.
    Anonymous

• te te? or hoo hoo...one of my friends calls her daughters her business. It is cute the 2yr old will take a bath and say she is washing her business.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 4:08 PM on Jan. 29, 2009