i'm scared of color but really want this color for bedroom

tell me what you think, i have a big picture that has this color mating with a white frame. our room is huge and with light color curtains i think it's beautiful.

http://www.valspar.com/project-ideas/design-gallery/eb_tra_bed2.html

melody77

Asked by melody77 at 4:04 PM on Jan. 29, 2009 in Home & Garden

• LOL! That's the same (hue) color as our bedroom AND Formal living room!

In the bedroom, I painted all of the moulding/trim and doors a cool white. We have a dark cherry wood TV armoire, dressers and bed frame. I found a pretty "double wedding ring" quilt that has primarily sage green, burgundy, and pink colors, and added deep burgundy toss pillows, and draperies (with sheer white panels), along with white interior window shutters. I love country cozy decor!

In our living room, I did a similar color scheme, but added more florals--upholstered furniture, and framed silk greenery, since there are a lot of large windows in that room, and I wanted it to have a more "airy" feel.

Just about ANYTHING will coordinate with sage green!
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 5:24 PM on Jan. 29, 2009

• My mil recently did her room in a similar color and it does actually look nice.

Answer by gemgem at 4:08 PM on Jan. 29, 2009

• Go for it! It is a nice color for a bedroom..very relaxing could be elegant or romantic and lots of bold colors could be paired with it in throw pillows or accents.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 5:13 PM on Jan. 29, 2009

• Go, for it. You can always paint over it if you don't like it. But with ivory curtains that will look very pretty and soft. I am a big green fan. Our carpet in our house is green and at first i was worried about it, but just about any solid color looks good with it. Now i can't say the same for when i was on my zebra and leapord kick. Not so hot looking.
    Anonymous

• Its a nice soothing color, I like it. I'm Benjamin moore to the core : ) Check out pottery barn catalogues for great ideas, they list the paint colors in all their catalogues. I used the PB kids room as inspiration for my nursery, it came out great. You can see it a little in my profile pic.
    Farrahann

Answer by Farrahann at 7:38 PM on Jan. 29, 2009

• Love it! Seems peaceful even though it is darker. I say go for it!!
    Galdarisimom

Answer by Galdarisimom at 10:05 PM on Jan. 29, 2009

• I like it. It will work well for a bedroom. I actually have mine painted much darker, the color of a Hershey Bar, actually, and I LOVE it. It's soooo soothing for a bedroom.
    WvPhotobug

Answer by WvPhotobug at 11:05 PM on Jan. 29, 2009

• Don't be afraid to try it... you can always change it if it doesn't work for you.
    naturescape

Answer by naturescape at 12:20 AM on Jan. 30, 2009

• Luh-uv it!
    Cafe Sheri

Answer by Cafe Sheri at 2:10 AM on Jan. 30, 2009

• I think it's beautiful. Never be afraid of color.....I don't have a single white wall in my house and many of my ceilings aren't white either!
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 2:35 PM on Jan. 30, 2009