What birth control are you on and would you recommend it?

Im tryen to do research on what birth control to get on after I have this baby since im having my little girl and have a boy I dont want to have kids for awhile but since im still young I dont want to permanently rule it out ether. I was on the shot for a long period of time but now find out how horrible it is for my body I really dont want to return to it so I was looking somewhere across the lines of the implant that goes in your arm. So ya what are you on and would your recommend it?

LostInMyMind

Asked by LostInMyMind at 4:07 AM on May. 31, 2012 in Health

• Orthotrycyclin
    onelove1982

Answer by onelove1982 at 4:07 AM on May. 31, 2012

• &

Condoms
    onelove1982

Answer by onelove1982 at 4:08 AM on May. 31, 2012

• Lol.. Yes, I'd HIGHLy recommend both!!!
    onelove1982

Answer by onelove1982 at 4:09 AM on May. 31, 2012

• I use nuva ring, plus condoms.
    I would definitely recommend nuva ring. So far out of the 5 I have tried this is the only one I haven't had issues with, and I have yet to get pregnant! Also, I tend to have shorter periods because you take it out for 1 week, but normally don't start bleeding for a few days. I tend to have 3-4 day periods now.
    AF4life

Answer by AF4life at 4:11 AM on May. 31, 2012

• Here's an interactive thingy to help you decide:

https://www.plannedparenthood.org/all-access/my-method-26542.htm

It asks you questions about your lifestyle and at the end comes up with the method(s) that would suit you best!
    winterglow

Answer by winterglow at 7:00 AM on May. 31, 2012

• abstinence and YES I recommanded it. It's a sure fire way to never get pregnant or get a STD
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 9:06 AM on May. 31, 2012

• Mirena. I would recommend it. I don't have to worry about remembering to take a pill every day or anything like that. I haven't had more than 2 periods since getting the mirena about a year and a half ago. I've also been on the pill and patch. I hated the patch and would never put myself through that hell again. The pill is effective, but I hated having to remember to take it at the exact same time every day.
    kasey22

Answer by kasey22 at 12:28 PM on May. 31, 2012

• the mini pill+breastfeeding combo. after baby #2, I am really bad at taking pills on time, so it certainly isn't the most effective method for me, the pill and condoms are all I have ever used.
    zetajen

Answer by zetajen at 4:48 PM on Jun. 5, 2012