What would you do if a former boss was talking sh*t about you on a daily basis to other employees and etc?

twinsn1girlmom

Asked by twinsn1girlmom at 4:36 PM on Jan. 29, 2009 in Money & Work

• Better Buisness Bureau He is slandering your name!
    Anonymous

• Confront them, threaten legal action, report to BBB
    Anonymous

• I dont think the BBB can help you but you can try. If you had an HR office at that job, contact them. Or you can call your ex boss (or have a friend), pretend to be an employer asking for a reference and catch him in the act!
    sunmoonstars

Answer by sunmoonstars at 4:47 PM on Jan. 29, 2009

• Ignore it. You are no longer employed there and it is probably a case of sour grapes, especially if you were a good employee. I wouldn't give them the satisfaction of knowing that I even batted an eye at his/her ignorance. You are better than the people who put you down.
    micrespo

Answer by micrespo at 4:55 PM on Jan. 29, 2009

• I would make a formal complaint. I think the HR dept is your best bet.
    MammaMia72

Answer by MammaMia72 at 5:27 PM on Jan. 29, 2009

• I don't think there is much you can do. Just be thankful you don't have to work with someone like that any more. Those that know you best will know the real truth.

AmyMK

Answer by AmyMK at 5:48 PM on Jan. 29, 2009

• BBB~ Ive had it happen,but I still walked into work everyday looking as fab as possible,with a smile and my head held high. I figured,if they were going to trash talk...dont feed into it and let it bring me down. Be positive,and confidence and success is the best revenge.What they do to you is their karma,how you react is yours.
    sweetest-sin7

Answer by sweetest-sin7 at 6:00 PM on Jan. 29, 2009

• Go to your boss with it. If he does nothing, go to your boss's boss. Someone in the chain of command will need to do something about it, otherwise they could have a lawsuit for harassment on their hands.
    Harassment comes in all forms, not just sexual.
    timelessglass

Answer by timelessglass at 7:59 PM on Jan. 29, 2009

• I would file a complaint againt him with the Employment Right's Division.
    RidingPink

Answer by RidingPink at 11:17 PM on Jan. 29, 2009

• BBB or the like.
    OR if he wasnt impeding my ability to get a new job(talking crap about me to potential employers) then I might just leave it be.
    You said "former" so Im assuming you arent there anymore and if all he is doing is telling others crap then I wouldnt care as long as he didnt blacklist me to other potentials.
    BonesDragonDew

Answer by BonesDragonDew at 7:29 AM on Jan. 30, 2009