i was wondering if any of you moms ever tried to get SSI checks, for you autstic children ? My husband lost his job and we need all the help we can get. I want all the best i can give to my son. and as you all know it is costly to feed your cdild all these specil diets. Pluse his Sr. is almost 10 miles away from us. So I am the only one working and it is hard to do it all.Paying bills I mean

ladydi425

Asked by ladydi425 at 4:44 PM on Jan. 29, 2009 in About CafeMom

• Yes I heard of people doing it and getting close to 600.00 amonth i think.Can you go to your social services and ask and see what and how to go about it?Also you may qualify for more aid while your husband is out of work and long as you are still working.Don't be afraid to ask.
    summerray5

Answer by summerray5 at 7:49 PM on Jan. 29, 2009

• I haven't done that, but I took an on line training on it. You can g to fosterclub.org and go to fosterclub for grown ups and look at their on line courses under resources. It's been so long I don't really remember. I do know that it is available.
    Patti511

Answer by Patti511 at 11:05 PM on Jan. 29, 2009