For those who were looking for insurance to cover your maternity..please update

I have seen several posts in here about those who are pregnant and don't have health insurance to cover the pregnancy. There were several who made too much for medicaid/pregnancy medicaid. What did you end up doing? If you don't mind sharing. I am in the same boat and just wanted to see where you stand.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:46 PM on Jan. 29, 2009 in Pregnancy

• im 35 weeks prego and paying for it outta pocket what little i can i lost my midwife cause i couldnt pay about 2 weeks ago and am stressing about what else i can do but medicade keeps telling me that i should be able to make it what little do they know and my husband isnt willing to help we are seperated and he didnt help with our daughte so why would he help with his son
    bugbug07

Answer by bugbug07 at 5:01 PM on Jan. 29, 2009

• Well, I had insurance before I concieved and I found out last week that since I'm having a homebirth with a midwife, they will double my deductable and only pay 50% of the costs. So stupid! All of my prenatal care, the birth and my postnatal care is only going to cost 4,000.00 with my midwife. I don't even need to step foot into a hospital. So after doing the math of my monthly payments, deductable and extra costs, I would be paying about 6,000. I cancelled it. I've always hated ins companies anyway. So, I'm paying out of pocket. 500.00 a month until the birth in July. It's really not that much, so I'm not too worried about it.
    hgibsonorc

Answer by hgibsonorc at 5:05 PM on Jan. 29, 2009