Silly question but...How can I get my hair to smell like my shampoo?

I can wash my hair and it seems like not long after it dries, the smell is gone. My daughter can wash her hair and it seems to stay in hair. Alot of my friends hair is like that. I ask what kind of shampoo they use and some of them use what I do.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:52 PM on May. 31, 2012 in Beauty & Style

• LOL! I'm so glad I'm not the only one who has ever had this problem. My BFF many years ago ALWAYS had hair that smelled so good. I bought the exact same shampoo and conditioner and my hair just smelled like...hair lol. I've noticed if I buy a stronger shampoo it's lasts a little longer. I use Herbal Essence now and it sticks around a while. I washed my hair at 7am, it's not 10am and it still smells good. But not like some women who always have awesome smelling hair.
    maecntpntz219

Answer by maecntpntz219 at 12:57 PM on May. 31, 2012

• now 10am**
    maecntpntz219

• I think that you stop smelling the shampoo because it's your hair and you get used to the smell. Kinda like perfume - shortly after i put it on, I stop smelling it, but those around me can still smell it. Have you asked your dh or dd (if she's old enough) if they smell the shampoo?

Answer by missanc at 1:12 PM on May. 31, 2012

• Missanc, yes I have and they just say it's just a hair smell as Maecntpntz said.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:17 PM on May. 31, 2012

• My theory is that some women's hair is thicker than others and might hold a perfume scent longer.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 5:48 PM on May. 31, 2012

• Do you use conditioner? I always use conditioner but in the rare occasion when I don't, the smell of my shampoo and conditioner fades too quickly.
    HHx5

Answer by HHx5 at 2:49 PM on Jun. 2, 2012

• I'm not sure -- maybe let it set in longer ?!!
    isismoon3

Answer by isismoon3 at 4:26 PM on Jun. 2, 2012