Swollen?

I am 40 weeks and 4 days pregnant (yay). Today when I went to the bathroom and wiped I realized I am really swollen "down there." I'm assuming this is normal..what with all the extra blood flow and pressure from the baby, but has anyone else had this? Am I wrong in assuming it's normal? I am on hold with my doctor's office, but they're not very good at getting me answers quickly, and I want to have some clue now! Thanks. :-)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:49 PM on Jan. 29, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Yes,its normal-its also why its easier to orgasm during pregnancy(all the extra blood flow).Hope that didn't offend you-just trying to back up that swelling is normal.You should see AFTER the baby is born(that will be normal too).LOL -Good luck w/ your little one.
    soldiersgirl531

Answer by soldiersgirl531 at 5:27 PM on Jan. 29, 2009

• Perfectly normal. Be happy you made it this far without having your vagina look like twin good year blimps! CONGRATS on a healthy pregnancy!
    navy-wife

Answer by navy-wife at 4:50 PM on Jan. 29, 2009

• I had three kids and I don't remember ever being swollen.

Ann7227

Answer by Ann7227 at 4:51 PM on Jan. 29, 2009

• it normal and congrats at least your almost done with the pregnancy now comes the fun good luck :)
    bugbug07

Answer by bugbug07 at 4:53 PM on Jan. 29, 2009

• Oh, I'm not offended, don't worry! :-) I did talk to the nurse at my office and she too said it was normal and that I just "need to have the baby." Yeah, tell me about it -- I'll get right on it. Aigh!! My first was 2 full weeks late so my excitement that "it might be today!" has worn off and I'm just figuring on waiting till next freaking week. Thanks for all your answers, ladies! ;-)
    Anonymous