I need tips on losing weight

texasangel3

Asked by texasangel3 at 1:53 PM on May. 31, 2012 in Diet & Fitness

• Exercise, even 20 minutes of moderate paced walking a day will help.

Watch your portion size. Track your calories on something like sparkpeople.com or myfitnesspal.com

Drink plenty of water. Lose the juice and artificial sweeteners (which can make you crave sweets.)

Go heavy on veggies, lean meats and whole foods and grains. Make as much as you can from scratch.

Avoid high sodium foods and processed foods.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 2:12 PM on May. 31, 2012

• I agree with balagan_imma on all of the above, and in addition, watch your sugar intake. But if you don't want to be bothered with a lot of calculating and calorie counting, etc., maybe try meal replacement shakes. They are complete nutrition and no guess work. Some agree with them and some don't. They work for me.
    LuvBodyByVi

Answer by LuvBodyByVi at 7:45 AM on Jun. 1, 2012

• Eat four 400 calorie meals a day, drink water, and exercise for an hour a day. If you feel like you need a snack on top of that have an apple.
    Syphon

Answer by Syphon at 1:36 PM on Jun. 2, 2012

• great thoughts ladies
    smiley745

Answer by smiley745 at 11:59 PM on Jun. 3, 2012

• If you want to lose weight the key is to increase your metabolism. Do not skip meals, eat when you are hungry, drink ice water first thing in the morning (it will wake up your metabolism). Strength training is the single most effective thing to increase metabolism. You will burn more calories even at rest because your body has to work harder to hold muscle. Not only that but you burn a lot of calories why doing it and even up to a hour after. Sugar is the enemy...but carbs are important. Sugar especially simple sugars are easy for your body to break down and if your body does not need the energy from sugar it goes straight to fat. The only way to get to the stored fat is from cardio. There are two kinds of fat on your body. When dieting you will lose the 'under the skin' first. Cardio is how you tackle the more stubborn one.
    AmyLynn5398

Answer by AmyLynn5398 at 5:26 PM on Jun. 12, 2012

• I have lost over 100lbs. I can help you too. I help many people. Read my blog for my pictures and results www.pamknowsitworks.blogspot.com
    sunnydsmommy

Answer by sunnydsmommy at 12:42 AM on Jul. 29, 2012