Woah! my summer "get fit" idea was the stupidest ever. it's HOT!!! ideas??

i want to lose 20 pounds by Fall. My son and I went to the park today to do laps. What an asinine idea. I am sweaty like a pig. I guess I'll do my work out DVD's but then I'll have to run the air. I'm in soCal btw, so it is hot. What do your summer routines look like?

i'm also on weight watchers but that really isn't making a dent in my fatness.

Tesserae

Asked by Tesserae at 3:14 PM on May. 31, 2012 in Diet & Fitness

• how about running early or late to avoid the worst of the heat?

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 3:16 PM on May. 31, 2012

• morning walk at the local mall?
    feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 3:16 PM on May. 31, 2012

• yeah, i told my son we need to start going in the a.m. and when it gets too hot in the a.m., wait for late night. Going at 11:30, mid day, was absolutely dumb.
    Tesserae

Comment by Tesserae (original poster) at 3:17 PM on May. 31, 2012

• I'm in Las Vegas, where it's always too hot to do much working out outside. No way am I going running when it's 110 degrees out. I take night classes at our martial arts school, and it's still around 80 degrees in there. My husband has been taking kickboxing there too, which is way more intense. I am on Weight Watchers, but the OLD program, not the new PointsPlus one that I don't like. I'm on the 2003 version, and it works.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 3:17 PM on May. 31, 2012

• my "local" mall is like 20 minutes away on the freeway =(
    Tesserae

Comment by Tesserae (original poster) at 3:18 PM on May. 31, 2012

• not the new PointsPlus one that I don't like. I'm on the 2003 version, and it works.

..........................

I'm on the PP and I am not losing anything. I'm super frustrated. I'm going to start counting EVERYTHING that goes in my face, even "free" fruit. See if that helps.
    Tesserae

Comment by Tesserae (original poster) at 3:19 PM on May. 31, 2012

• I don't think that the PP program does dick, honestly. I downloaded a DietCalc app that shows both "old" and "new" points. I still do the old program because it's worked for me before. I lost 45 pounds on it in 5 months after I had my older son. So far this time around, I've lost 24 pounds.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 3:21 PM on May. 31, 2012

• excellent!!!! I would love to lose 40 total. I'll look for that app, I need this to work for me.
    Tesserae

Comment by Tesserae (original poster) at 3:23 PM on May. 31, 2012

• In the summer, I usually do indoor workouts (dvd's, weights). I also swim in my neighborhood pool, and on milder weather days, I will go walking/jogging early before it gets too hot. It's only a few months! I'm in GA, so I totally understand the heat, ugh :-)
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 3:27 PM on May. 31, 2012

• yeah, it's literally nauseating - even when you stay hydrated. plus we moved to the high desert (great idea!!! not) and have no pool =(
    Tesserae

Comment by Tesserae (original poster) at 3:32 PM on May. 31, 2012