A woman in my town

Bellflower, Ca (the hospital is roughly 3 blocks from me) gave birth to 8 babies last monday and plans to breast feed them all, how int the world is she going to produce that much milk I wonder, but I was wondering what would you do if you had 8 babies at once? Could you imagine night time feedings and diaper changes?

JAJA_Steele

Asked by JAJA_Steele at 4:59 PM on Jan. 29, 2009 in General Parenting

• I would go nuts if I have 8 babies. One is hard enough, and that pregnancy, well I can't imagine it was easy!! Eight babies . . . I don't know how she will breastfeed 8 children. She will have to nurse constantly and even if she does make enough milk, how will there be enough time. She will literally always have a child on the boob. When will she sleep or eat or shower. I wouldn't want to have 2 at once, let alone 8. I'm sending her some sanity and energy vibes~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~!!!!! She's going to need them.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 5:32 PM on Jan. 29, 2009

• I would cry A LOT!
    watersgirls

Answer by watersgirls at 5:00 PM on Jan. 29, 2009

• I would need to hire someone! LOL
    hgibsonorc

Answer by hgibsonorc at 5:00 PM on Jan. 29, 2009

• Breastmilk is a supply and demand thing. If you nurse on demand you WILL make enough milk. Saying you didn't make enough milk is an excuse. Those who say that either didn't nurse enough, or didn't address other issues such as poor sucking reflex or bad latch. KUDOS to her forgiving her baby the absolute best. Babies were born to brest feed. That's why God gave us boobs!!!!!!
    navy-wife

Answer by navy-wife at 5:01 PM on Jan. 29, 2009

• It's insane granted I would love my babies fully but I think I cry a lot to just thinking about how overwhelming it's going to be, I would try my best but I too think I may need to hire help
    JAJA_Steele

Answer by JAJA_Steele at 5:02 PM on Jan. 29, 2009

• GOD HELP! THAT IS ALL I HAVE TO SAY!
    I AM WISHING HER ALL THE LUCK IN THE WORLD!
    jem102675

Answer by jem102675 at 5:03 PM on Jan. 29, 2009

• Amen Navy-wife!!!!! I have a lot of family so i wouldn't be concerned in the least!
    SgrplmsnSnflwrs

Answer by SgrplmsnSnflwrs at 5:03 PM on Jan. 29, 2009

• I think I'd die if I had that many; it would just be too overwhelming to comprehend. If I didn't die I'd probably be in some sort of altered mental state.
    TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 5:07 PM on Jan. 29, 2009

• I think it's great she will breast feed all of them but damn by the time she finishes with getting them ogg the boob the cycle will be time to repeat where is sleep and diaper changes in there? I feel sorry for the husband lol who will be supporting them all - did I mention they thought she only had 7 then when they went for her c-section found the 8th baby so it was a surprise 2 girls and 6 boys
    JAJA_Steele

Answer by JAJA_Steele at 5:12 PM on Jan. 29, 2009

• Anon, I am a CLC (certified lactation consultant), I think I am qualified to make that statement. Are you? BTW, LOVE that you are mama enough to use your real name...not!
    navy-wife

Answer by navy-wife at 5:12 PM on Jan. 29, 2009