my old pastor wife is on my last nerves

My old pastor wife is getting on my nerves. I am trying to be nice. She try to preach at me when I don't answer my phone when she calls. I am thinking that I have 2 kids and a husband. I also home school the kids. Homeschooling last longer then it use to. I clean the house with out help for the most part. HELP ! So i really have time to talk. What should I do?

BOOGIETHEBOOG

Asked by BOOGIETHEBOOG at 5:03 PM on Jan. 29, 2009 in Relationships

• tell her you don't have time to talk and tell her goodbye.
    teri4lance

Answer by teri4lance at 5:14 PM on Jan. 29, 2009

• Either just ignore her. Or call her when you have a little time and let her know that you don't have time to be preached to. You know how to read and comprhend so she can save it for Sunday, and let her DH do his job.
    SylviaNCali

Answer by SylviaNCali at 5:31 PM on Jan. 29, 2009

• During the day when you have homeschool just turn your phone off and let the machine get it. If she wants to preach at you for doing so tell her what the Bible tells us, as a Pastor's wife she should already understand, that the Lord, your husband, and children come first....then everyone else. Then set aside maybe a time at night that someone can call you..say between 7-8 pm. Tell her that's your resting time and you will have more free time to chat. Sorry Misty...I do not understand why homeschoolers don't get the same respect as those who go to public school. Would you call up the school anytime you wanted to talk or drop by to interupt studies?..lol..no. I think those assume that homeschoolers have more free time and more can rearrange things....when you are on just a busy of a schedule as any other teacher. I hope it works out...don't stress about it.
    imamombygrace

Answer by imamombygrace at 5:33 PM on Jan. 29, 2009

• I personally don't answer the phone when I'm busy or in the middle of something. I work and I have housework to do, and then I have to take care of my son, his homework, his activities, ect. I return my calls either later that day when (and if) I have a moment or I return them the next day. You have to concentrate on the things you need to do first for you and your family, everyone else comes second. If she doesn't understand this, have your husband explain it to her, or talk to your pastor about it. It sounds rude, but it's really not- it's she who is being rude. You don't need to be preached to.
    sobeitlove

Answer by sobeitlove at 7:13 PM on Jan. 29, 2009

• Re-do your outgoing message to say:

Thanks for calling!
    I have a husband to keep happy, home to keep clean and two kids to teach. Please leave a message and if I don't get back to you right away, you now know why.

timelessglass

Answer by timelessglass at 7:13 PM on Jan. 29, 2009