How can i get my baby to stop grinding his teeth?

And he bites everyone

LovingMyKids02

Asked by LovingMyKids02 at 5:17 PM on Jan. 29, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• WE had this problem with my son! I started putting him in his playpen and having timeouts everytime he bit or grinded his teeth! I would tell him why he was in there and was consistant with the punishment each time. My step-mom told me to bite him back and while I've heard this method works I haven't tried it. I think little timeouts if your little one is over 6 months or at 6 months might help. I was told by my son's Dr its when you should start disapline is at 6 months...
    Charlies_mommy

Answer by Charlies_mommy at 5:34 PM on Jan. 29, 2009

• grinding his teeth there is nothing your can do. Some kids do it and some don't . You can try to ask him to stop, but I am not sure on the age. To bad with kids and changing dentition we cannot make a night guard like we do for adults, but sorry to say grinding nothing you can do. Biting well you well have to just teach him it is not right. But again not sure how old he is.
    MommyPeck3

Answer by MommyPeck3 at 5:24 PM on Jan. 29, 2009